DT: Forty-One

A week had passed, and Xiao Zhan's daily routine had returned to a semblance of normalcy. His father had not called him even once since the meeting, and with each day that passed, he grew more at ease. The turmoil that had once churned within him had begun to subside.

His days were now filled with the usual activities – attending classes, diligently working on his school assignments, and passionately teaching his students. However, the most cherished moments of his days were those filled with laughter and the fiery passion he shared with his two beloved alphas. 

However, there was an addition to his routine that had come to brighten his days. Li Ying had taken to texting him regularly, providing updates on her whereabouts and activities. She never failed to ask how he was doing, showing genuine concern for his well-being.

As the week progressed, she began sharing her preparations for her upcoming departure, scheduled for the end of the week. She timidly asked if he would be willing to see her off. As a dear friend, Xiao Zhan graciously accepted the request, touched by her thoughtfulness and wanting to show his support for her.

However, the smooth, uneventful flow of his days had Xiao Zhan feeling a sense of unease. It was almost as if everything was running too smoothly, making him suspicious that there might be a catch lurking around the corner.

His frown deepened as he took a sip of his iced coffee, sitting with his two lovers across from him. They watched with mild amusement as they observed the array of expressions flitting across their omega's face. Eventually, the older alpha found it hard to hold his curiosity back any longer.

"Is something bothering you?" Yibo asked with genuine curiosity, tilting his head slightly to the right as he awaited an answer.

Xiao Zhan was jolted back to reality by the question, suddenly aware that he might have been lost in his thoughts for too long. He quickly reassured himself, wondering if his expression had given away the worry that had been gnawing at him.

Xiao Zhan offered a reassuring smile and shook his head. "It's really nothing major," he replied, taking another sip of his coffee.

However, his response didn't seem to fully convince his two lovers. Xie Yi spoke up, urging him gently, "You know, you can always tell us if something is bothering you." They had been giving him space when they noticed he seemed troubled, but their curiosity had finally gotten the better of them. They could see the worry etched on his face, and their foremost desire was to chase away those concerns, replacing them with the carefree smile they cherished, free from the weight of any problems.

Xiao Zhan let out a sigh, realizing that he would eventually need to be honest with them, but he was hesitant to involve his lovers in his family issues. This was a problem he felt he needed to address on his own. "I know, and I'm sorry," he began, his gaze dropping to the table. "It's just... everything has been strangely normal," he confessed.

The two alphas exchanged puzzled glances, both echoing the same question, "What do you mean?"

Xiao Zhan chuckled softly as he recognized the unintentional confession he had made. "I mean, it just feels unusual to have things going so smoothly," he reassured them.

The two continued to watch him with a mixture of concern and suspicion, but they both nodded understandingly. The older alpha leaned closer to Xiao Zhan and planted a gentle kiss on his temple.

"You're overthinking it. Everything is fine," he assured him, his fingers tenderly caressing the omega's cheek.

Xiao Zhan leaned into the alpha's touch, rubbing his face affectionately against the comforting hand. "Hmm, yeah. I guess I am," he mumbled, his worries momentarily pushed aside by the love and support of his two caring partners.

As they savored their time together, Xiao Zhan's phone abruptly rang, drawing their immediate attention to the sound. Xiao Zhan swiftly picked up his phone and answered the call. "Excuse me," he politely told his alphas before rising to take the call outside.

The two alphas nodded in understanding and watched as the omega left the room.

"He seems to be deeply preoccupied with something," Xie Yi remarked, his words breaking the silence and earning a glance from his twin.

"Yeah," Yibo concurred.

Xie Yi's brow furrowed in concern. "We really should coax him into sharing his worries with us. It's been bothering me for a while now," he admitted with a troubled expression.

Yibo chuckled softly at his brother's impatience. "No, we can't rush him to open up. We need to be patient and give him time," he suggested.

The younger alpha pouted and sulked, frustration evident in his features. "It's just really eating at me! I want to help him, but I don't want to push him away at the same time!"

"I understand how you feel. I want to help him too, but forcing him to talk won't be the solution," Yibo explained, his tone filled with empathy.

Xie Yi sighed, acknowledging the wisdom in his brother's words. "You're right. We have to be careful and considerate of his feelings. We'll help him when he's ready," he agreed.

After a few minutes, Xiao Zhan returned with an apologetic smile on his face as he approached his waiting lovers.

"Sorry for that," he apologized sincerely, taking his seat.

The two alphas chuckled softly, their concern for him dissipating. Yibo leaned in and asked, "Who called?"

Xiao Zhan explained, "It was a friend. She'll be taking her flight later at 3. Can I go see her off?" he requested.

The two nodded in agreement. "Of course, love. Would you like us to drive you there?" Xie Yi offered eagerly.

Xiao Zhan giggled at his partner's enthusiasm. "Thanks, but I'll be fine. I have my car with me," he responded. "You can just wait for me at home."

The younger alpha deflated a bit but agreed nonetheless. "Alright then. What would you like for dinner?" he inquired.

Xiao Zhan grinned playfully. "Surprise me," he replied with a chuckle.

Xie Yi smirked mischievously. "Noted!" he winked, looking forward to preparing a special surprise meal for their omega.

------

A/N: Hello! I'm sorry for the long wait. I was busy preparing for my enrollment for my master's degree the past few weeks and I got lost in my problems so yeah. Thank you for patiently waiting for my update. Love lots! <3