DT: Seventeen

Xiao Zhan came home alone, a little disappointed but it was mainly his fault anyway. He has been trying to avoid the two alphas at every chance he gets, trying to act subtle about it but maybe he was too obvious that the two alphas decided to not come to his house.

The other half of him is relieved that he won't be in an enclosed room with the two of them but he won't lie to himself that he's also sad and dejected that the alphas decided to not come anyway because of his doing. He sighs exasperatedly, disappointed at himself yet it was entirely his fault. 

Before he leave school a while ago, he messaged the two in their group chat, telling them that he'll go ahead, to which the two answered with a 'take care!' and 'don't drive too fast' and nothing comes after that. He somehow finds it cold, maybe they are done with him because he tried avoiding them. He feels dejected but he can't blame them anyway since it was his fault. And so he went ahead without making a second thought. Maybe it's his punishment, eat his own medicine he guesses. 

He walks his way to the living room with heavy feet and a heavy heart, letting gravity pull his shoulders as he walks sluggishly. When he arrived, he slumps on the sofa, his stomach already complaining but he can't find himself caring about that at all. Well, he's been occupied with ways to avoid the two alphas that he forgot to eat lunch, now maybe he'll just forget eating dinner too. 

He turns his body, letting out an irritated groan as he lies on his stomach, head buried in the cushion as he rethinks of his life choices. 

Xiao Zhan was known for being smart, he was always praised by other people for how much he can solve a problem with ease. But this time, he can't even think of anything. He doesn't know what to do with the unknown feeling inside his chest, the unnamed feeling of longing for something, and the feeling of regret? 

He sighs for the nth time of the day. Why is he grumbling on his own doing? It was his fault! He should not be feeling this way!

He stays there for thirty minutes, unmoving and thoughts jumping from guilt-tripping himself and blaming himself, until his phone suddenly chimed, followed by the ring of his favorite song filling the silence of his penthouse. 

His attention was immediately caught. As if on cue, he stood up from the sofa and sprinted to get his phone from his bag that he left near the entrance. 

After managing to fish out his phone, he immediately answered the call without looking at the caller. 

His heartbeat sped up instantly after hearing two familiar voices from the other line, trying to overlap each other. 

"Sean we're here at the—heyya Sean! We're in the lobby! — Hey! Stop raising your voice!" Yibo scolded Xie Yie who was speaking enthusiastically in the background.

Xiao Zhan immediately perked up, the anxiousness that built in him thirty minutes ago instantly disappeared like a bubble after hearing their voices. A smile broke from his lips, his heart calming almost as fast and replaced with an overwhelming happiness to know that the two alphas did not forget the plan they agreed on in the morning. 

"Hi. I thought—" He greeted but halted halfway as he was about to be honest with his feelings. "—Can you give the phone to the front desk, I'll talk to them," he says anyway, dodging away his other thoughts, it's best for them not to know his anxieties. 

After confirming his visitors at the front desk, the call was cut. This means that the two were on their way to his penthouse. 

.

The two arrived not long after, in that few minutes, he managed to bring his bags and change into his comfortable clothes before hearing the doorbell ringing. He sprints his way to the door, excitement filling him as he jogs to grab the knob. 

Upon opening the door, he was welcomed with identical faces. It would be a lie if he says he doesn't miss the two. Because of trying to avoid them at school, he kind of misses seeing them and hanging out together with the two. His omega was whining inside him when he did that, but now, he's raring to purr just at the sight of the two but lucky enough, he managed to control them. 

He then welcomes the two alphas, hiding the excitement behind his hospitality smile as he did so. 

"We said we'll cook dinner today, so you just sit there and relax," Yibo beams as Xie Yie shows the bags of groceries they brought. 

Xiao Zhan smiled fondly at the two, heart instantly warming at the sight of them cooking for him. He sometimes thinks, the people that the two will cherish in the future will be so much lucky to have them as their husbands. He somehow felt a small tinge in his heart at that thought but he refuses to acknowledge it and ignored them completely.

"I'll sit here and watch," he suggested and sat at the stool, across from the two alphas who were standing behind the counter. 

The two smiled fondly at him and nodded, "Sure," they said in unison before unloading the paper bags and started making their dinner.

.

After cooking their dinner, they set the food on the table and juggled to prepare the utensils before ushering the omega onto the table. 

"I hope it's your taste," Yibo smiled, scooping a portion of the omega. 

Xiao Zhan's eyes twinkled, and his mouth watered in an instant when his eyes laid on them even when they were still cooking, the food already smells nice. He was not even able to say a word and just grabbed his spoon and fork as he waits for the alpha to stop putting food on his plate. 

Xie Yie chuckled fondly, "Take it slow, okay? There's a lot of it for you to eat," he reminded after seeing the excitement in the omega's eyes. 

After which, they started eating. The food brought warmth to the omega's heart, his whole body vibrating at every spoonful he puts in his mouth.

While the two just watch fondly, hearts skipping a beat, they can't even lift their utensils in fear of missing any second of the omega's expression change. It was as if just watching him made their stomach full. 

They smiled tenderly with just one thing in their minds, they'll never let him slip away because they'll make sure to give their all as long as they can.

-------

A/N: that was sappy. lmao HAHAHHAHA anyways, a little spoiler: drama's on the way. So yeah, thank you for reading my story! love lots, everyone ❤️