DT: Twenty- Eight

Xiao Zhan woke up feeling something heavy on his chest. His eyes opened trying to investigate the situation and found himself lying between two strong bodies of an alpha, pheromones steaming out of them as if they were leaking unconsciously in their sleep. 

It smells wonderful, it was as if he was swimming into pools of their pheromones and he can't help but purr into the comfort. He smiled contentedly. 

When did he fall asleep? Did he even finish the movie, or did they? He giggles softly, he was drowned in bliss last night and he didn't even notice the time he fell asleep, or when the two fell asleep.

Until he remembered what was the heavy feeling the moment he woke up. With so little movement, he tried to peek over his chest and found two arms draped across his waist, added by two identical faces resting comfortably just beside his face. 

His face immediately heats up at the closeness of their faces. If he had a weak heart he could've gotten a heart attack almost instantly.

Now that he's thinking about it, all of these felt like a dream. It was as if,  waking up at this moment was just part of a dream as well. His heart fluttered in joy as he remembered that he was being pursued by these two handsome alphas and being pampered in ways he has not experienced in his previous years.

Maybe he'll try to prepare breakfast for them this time. 

The only problem is that he's being caged between two arms. They are securingly embracing his waist not too tight to suffocate him but not loose either to let himself release from the embrace. 

He sighs exasperatedly, there is only one way to escape them. He needs to wriggle out and move their hands off of him.

And so he did. He gently lifted their arms from his waist, and with a careful movement, he wriggled out of his hold. 

After a few minutes of slowly squirming out, he was finally freed. 

He heaves a heavy sigh of relief as he stood from the sofa bed, then after recovering, his eyes darted to the twins who are sleeping ever so peacefully. 

He watched them for a minute before deciding to head to the kitchen and start preparing breakfast for three.

.

Xiao Zhan prepared rice, egg soup, dumpling, and coffee with love. Putting the rice into three bowls before setting the table with much effort to please them. 

After which he somehow heard two groaning adult men from the living room, probably getting a whiff of the breakfast he had prepared. And just in time, the two woke up as if it was an alarm for them.

A smile broke his lip as he stares at the set of bowls he prepared. It feels like a family now, preparing meals for the members of the family, and enjoying food together without being tensed around food, these are things he never thought he'd experience for the rest of his life. But now, everything still feels surreal that he's already experiencing it with the people that make him feel whole. 

He chuckles to himself at how cheesy it sounds if he says all his feeling out loud, he may even not recognize his own voice if he did so.

Just as he bore the feeling of domesticity inside his head, he heard dragging footsteps until he sees two mops of bedhead appear in the dining room.

He chuckles fondly at two sleepy pretty boys, dragging their feet on the tiled floor, still yawning from waking up, and eyes still hooded. He wonders how even they can march to the dining room without knocking something on their way.

"Rise and shine," He greeted them as he unties the apron from his waist and hand them over the counter before slightly jogging to the two. 

"Good morning, S-*yawn*-ean!" Xie Yie yawned, instantly plopping on the omega's shoulder, chin resting onto the crook of the omega's neck, not giving all his weight since he was too heavy for him.

Xiao Zhan chuckles as he reached for the younger twin's hair and ruffled them fondly. "Wakey wakey. I've already prepared the breakfast!" he reminded.

The older stood beside the omega and rested his head on his shoulder before mumbling, "You should've woken me up" incoherently, glad Xiao Zhan heard it perfectly well. 

Xiao Zhan giggles and reached for the other alpha's bed hair, "It's fine once in a while," he announced and then pushed the two away from him before pulling them by the wrist and forcefully sitting them down on the dining table and sitting on the opposite of them as well. 

"hope it's to your liking," he follows with a hopeful smile on his face before he grabs his utensils.

The two chuckled fondly, "I'm sure we will," Xie Yie coos as he starts picking with his chopsticks, whilst the older alpha hummed in agreeance.

.

The peaceful breakfast was short-lived for Xiao Zhan as his phone lit up in the middle of it. Now he just wishes he didn't peek at it the moment he notices. 

a frustrated sigh left his lips that didn't go unnoticed by the two alphas. Their hands are situated in front of them, stopping midway through their eating. 

"You okay?" the older alpha asked, his voice sounding concerned and curious.

Xiao Zhan flinched, internally cursing himself for letting his frustration out of his mouth. Now how should he escape? He doesn't really want to drag them to his own problems. 

He smiles sheepishly, maybe he should be a little honest with them, in the end, they are bound to know it sooner or later. He sighs before looking down at his plate, then he speaks, "It's my dad," he starts. 

The two listened attentively, and the food is left ignored. 

Xiao Zhan swallowed the hesitation in his throat, "I don't intend to hide you this, but until I'm ready to tell all I can say is it's a family problem that I need to face, until then please wait for me?" he pleads.

The two alphas gave him a reassuring smile, "We will," they assured. 

The omega chuckled, "The food is going to be cold when we ignore it," he jokingly utters. 

The two chuckled fondly together with him.

"Right. Let's eat," Yibo uttered. 

--------------

A/N: I'm sorry for the delayed update. Just like my previous reasons, I was busy with my internship and I was really packed with writing my lesson plans, instructional materials, and reviewing the lesson to be able to execute them the next day. I truly want to write actually because my social anxiety is really eating me once in a while and writing is the only thing that soothes me but finding time to write is not really in my favor. I'm really trying my best to spare some time to write, but my schedule just doesn't match.  Thank you for always waiting for the update! I'll try my best to give time to write, I hope by the time I update again you're still there waiting for me. And I'm sorry too for the slow burn, hehe. stay safe everyone! Lovelots