DT: Forty-Seven

Just like the previous instances, Xiao Zhan found himself caught in a whirlwind of emotions, turmoil churning within his chest. His head ached with distress as he stood outside the familiar front door. Every footstep, every squeak of his footsteps inside intensified the unease within him, fearing it might be his parents ready to confront him.

Swallowing hard, he closed his eyes briefly, steadying himself for the inevitable confrontation. With a sigh, he reached for the doorknob, preparing to face whatever awaited him inside. As the door swung open, his heart raced with distress, every beat echoing the fear that gripped him. Inside, the household staff carried on with their usual tasks, one of them noticing Xiao Zhan's presence.

Guided by the servant, he was escorted to his father's office, a route he knew all too well from the numerous summons he had received. Grateful for the momentary reprieve provided by the servant, he expressed his thanks before being left alone. However, the respite was short-lived, and the waves of distress and fear returned in full force as he continued his journey into the heart of uncertainty.

He pushed his way into his father's office, wanting to confront the impending ordeal head-on and end the agony swiftly. The room was filled with a palpable tension as two pairs of eyes fixated on him, waiting for his arrival.

In a gesture of respect, he offered a slight bow before allowing his gaze to shift between the two figures. His father's wife wore a wide, malevolent grin, standing beside her husband with a hand on his shoulder, exuding an aura of malice. His father, on the other hand, emanated displeasure and anger from his seat behind the desk.

The silence within the room was suffocating, and Xiao Zhan felt an overwhelming urge to escape, but his feet remained rooted to the spot.

"Morning, father," he greeted, his voice nearly faltering but regaining control just in time.

No greetings were exchanged in return; instead, his father's wife advanced toward him, holding a brown envelope in her hand. Xiao Zhan stood frozen as she opened the envelope and flung its contents at his face.

His eyes tracked the images that fluttered around him, his heart pounding at the sight before him. The photographs captured intimate moments between him and his two lovers, a cold sweat breaking out as if he had witnessed a horror unfold.

"You might want to explain this to me?" his father's cold voice cut through the room.

Xiao Zhan's breath hitched, a sense of dread enveloping him. How could he explain this situation? His fears, once distant, now clawed at him mercilessly. His voice seemed to abandon him.

"You are set to get married, and yet you whore yourself to these alphas?!" his father's enraged voice echoed, causing Xiao Zhan to flinch.

His father's wife scoffed, "No less, he's whoring himself to the sons of our business rival," she added, standing beside her husband.

"Are you trying to defile our agreement with the Zhao's?!" his father raged.

Head lowered, Xiao Zhan struggled to speak. The accusations cut deep, his whole being wounded by their harsh words. He bit his lower lip, suppressing the urge to cry, eyes stinging, fists clenched in silent agony.

"I want you to stop seeing those alphas! In a week, the wedding will proceed. You'll be staying here, your work from the company will be delivered here. You will not leave this house until after the wedding!" his father declared, his words a crushing weight on Xiao Zhan's shoulders.

"The alphas probably know his address, and they must be going in and out of his home. Who knows," she commented with a shrug, adding fuel to her husband's anger.

Shocked, Xiao Zhan's eyes widened as he absorbed the gravity of his father's conditions. Tears welled up, and he felt utterly helpless, unable to see a way out. What would he tell his lovers? Overwhelmed by negative possibilities, he couldn't conceive a solution.

"We'll meet the Zhao tomorrow, and by tomorrow, Liying should be here," his father directed.

"I don't want to see your face looking pitiful in front of them. Straighten up. You're lucky enough to live under my roof. Now be of use," he added, his final words ringing with authority.

"While being here, I will process his resignation from that filthy job of his at the university, honey," she suggested with a devilish grin on her face. "Seeing he'll become the wife of our future business partner, there's no use for him working there since he's suited to be a housewife," she sneered.

"Right, hon," his father agreed, "Omegas like you should not be working but should instead assist your husbands. You're more suited to that work," he commented, pointing at Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan's lips trembled, a tear escaped his eyes hearing the discriminatory words from his father. He had already endured hurtful comments from his stepmother, but he couldn't fathom how painful it was to hear what they were saying now.

After all his sacrifices, achievements, and hard work, he was reduced to just an omega. An omega who was seen as nothing without an alpha, a weak omega only fit to serve an alpha. He felt weak in the knees as he contained the tears, his whole body ready to collapse and bawl his eyes out. He couldn't find the words to speak back or defend himself; his tongue was tied, and his head was blurry with emotions he couldn't explain.

He wanted to get angry, but he couldn't. He wanted to scream to prove them wrong, but he couldn't. He wanted to show them how much he could do beyond being an omega, but he didn't want to be banished from the home where he grew up.

"Now, go to your room. Our discussion is done. I don't want you to see those alphas anymore. Cut your connections with them," his father said sternly.

Xiao Zhan could only nod weakly before turning around, not giving them a chance to witness his pitiful state.

He knew he had to break off his connections with the two and end things clearly with them. He didn't want to drag them both into this hell. He sighed shakily, his tears finally falling from his eyes as the door to his father's office shut.

As he made his way to his room, memories flashed inside his head. He smiled bitterly, remembering the joy he had experienced with his alphas that he would never experience again. His heart ached, knowing that the warmth and comfort the two alphas had given him that morning were the last he'd ever feel.

Upon arriving at his room, he locked the door and bawled his eyes out. His hands shook as he typed his farewell to his alphas, sobs, and hiccups leaving his lips as he explained his situation.

"I think we need to stop seeing each other. My father is marrying me off. I'm sorry I was not able to say goodbye properly. This will be the last. You will surely find the right person to love. Thank you for the memories."

Sent.

Blocked.

-------

A/N: Lol I'm hurting myself. Let me cry. But anyway, I was so busy with my review for the board exam and my studies in Masteral that I couldn't even check my socials and everything. But I'll try to find time for you guys, just stay tuned for the updates. thank you for waiting for the update! love lots <3 Let's be in agony until the next update haha