DT: Thirty-Three

Morning came, Xiao Zhan woke up feeling refreshed. On any normal day in the past, he would wake up with his brows furrowed, eyes still sleepy, and his body still being pulled by the gravity of the comfort of his bed. But today was a lot different, the idea of seeing his two alphas once again brought the excitement of getting up from his bed. 

He immediately hops out of his bed and neatly fixes the sheets before heading to the kitchen with his phone in hand. 

But as if the beautiful morning was just a free trial. His phone buzzes, as an instinct—thinking that it was the two alphas wishing him a good morning— it was a message from his father. 

His brows immediately furrowed. He annoyingly opened the message and was welcomed with an awfully business-like way of typing. 

"I'm glad you met with the daughter of my investor. Now I want to meet you both to talk about business"

Now it just made his day worst. He sighs in defeat, he can do nothing about it, does he? 

He drags his feet on the way to the kitchen, and the joy of waking up dissipates and is replaced with exhaustion despite the day just starting. 

Breakfast doesn't even feel right in his stomach so he refuses to get himself even a small toast and just drank a glass of warm water then went back to his room to prepare for the day.

.

Before he could enter his car, he composed an email to inform his school that he'll be out again to attend to a personal matter, then followed by a message to his two alphas, telling them that he'll not be at school for the day, then he pockets his phone upon entering. 

As he was reviving his car, his phone buzzed. His hands instinctively reached for his phone, the name of the two alphas in mind as he picks the phone call. Just like what he thought, Yibo called, face-timing him. His mood at least brighten up a bit upon seeing the caller ID. As swiftly as the second his phone rang, he answered the call. 

His smile even got wider when two identical faces pops in the screen, both with evident worry on their faces. 

"What's the matter?" the two asked. 

Xiao Zhan shook his head and smiled, trying to assure the two that it was nothing to worry about. "I just have to attend some business. Family business to be exact," he clarifies which did not assure the two one bit. 

"You don't seem okay," Xie Yie pointed out. Xiao Zhan was surprised at how keen the younger alpha's observation is but he settles on not bringing more worries onto the two. 

He smiled nonetheless feigning ignorance of the younger alpha's concern. "You worry too much. Let's just have dinner together later," he suggests which the two don't find convincing. 

Yibo sighs anyway, there's no point drawing out an answer from him anyway when he's insistent on denying it. He gave him a tight-lipped smile assuring the omega that he understands, "Be careful on your way then. What would you like for dinner?" he changed the subject which cause his twin to frown.

"Anything is fine," Xiao Zhan answered, " Surprise me," he follows with a giggle.

Yibo smiles fondly, "Sure. We'll surprise you," he confirms. "Are you already on your way?" he asked. 

The omega nods, "Yep, need to be there early," he lied. He just wanted to clear his mind before going to his father's office. 

"Alright then. See you tonight," Yibo bids and waves at the screen. Xiao Zhan did the same and send them both an 'i love you' before the call cut. 

When the face time drops, Xiao Zhan lets out a heavy sigh of relief, slumping himself against the car seat. Relieved that two didn't notice his wavering mood. 

On the other hand, Xie Yie immediately confronted the older, brows furrowed in annoyance. 

"He looks like he has a problem, should we not hear him out?" he asked a little frustrated.

Yibo sighs at his brother and tapped his shoulder, "We should not force people to open up to us, Xie Yie. It must be something sensitive and make them uncomfortable. Let them open up voluntarily," he explained. 

The younger frowns even more, "But-" he tries to reason but the older stops him.

"Let's try to understand him first. Maybe he has a reason why he's keeping that from us. he will open up soon enough so stop whining," he assures, patting his shoulder. "We should prepare too. To ease up your worries, let's call him later, yeah?' he ruffles his head which made Xie Yie hiss annoyingly. 

"yeah, whatever," he answered, rolling his eyes.

.

Xiao Zhan drove off to the family diner he usually frequents. He was immediately welcomed warmly by the staff, greeting him with a wide smiles on their faces which he greeted back with the same amount of warmth. 

He then proceeded to his usual seat, finding comfort and ease in the comforting ambiance of the place where he feels peace. 

"Breakfast?" his head immediately whipped up to the familiar voice, a smile on his face painted upon seeing the manager who became his father figure at some point.

"Yes, please," he said as he politely receives the glass of water the manager offered.

The manager chuckles, "Coming right up," he utters before turning away to get his food ready.

After a couple of minutes, the manager came back with a tray of food that in Xiao Zhan's frequency at the diner already had memorized what his usual order was. 

Xiao Zhan thanked him and then started digging. At least the place feels warm, his troubles set aside for the moment he indulges the food. 

.

After his breakfast, Xiao Zhan hesitated if he should get out of the diner. If he gets out, the problem arises again, but if he stays, everything will just feel calm. But he knew too well that he couldn't. And so he stands on his feet and dragged them out of the diner after bidding goodbye to the staff and thanking them warmly. 

When he arrived at his car, he slumps his back against the car seat. Sighing deeply as he closes his eyes. 

"Everything will be alright," he reminds himself before opening his eyes. He then grabs his steering wheel and starts his engine. 

------

A/N: Heyyyyy guys. I'm back from piles and piles of workloads. I managed to finish my internship and portfolio and all I can say is that I'm so grateful for my experiences. Teaching students flourished my skills and improved my social skills, though I still have a little of my social anxiety I managed well in front of my students. I'm also happy to meet new people, and they became my friends. I'm glad I didn't give up just because of my social anxiety. Now, I'm near the end of my beginning as an adult. I'll be graduating soon! Thanks for all your support. 

Thank you for reading my stories, I will try updating faster since I already have free time. Thank you for waiting and I hope you'll keep reading my stories. Love lots, everyone!