Chapter 34

Back to Hannah's P.O.V from now on

When we got to mum's house I knocked but no one was in. So I used the spare key that they left in the plant pot. We went inside and I put our bags down next to the door.

I went to get Jana a drink and sat her down in front of the TV watching Doc McStuffins. I poured some water into the kettle to make myself a coffee and as I was doing that I heard the door open and someone enter.

"Leo?" I shouted/asked. He came in with a shocked face. "What the hell are you doing here?" he asked. "I think you might need to sit down for this." I told him whilst walking into the lounge.

"No, Hannah you have to go home now. You don't have time to explain anything to me. You have to go home!" He told me. "I can't Leo" I said with tears forming in my eyes.

"No, you don't understand. You have to go a see Charlie now!" He shouted at me. "WHY?" I shouted back with a few tears running down my face.

"BECAUSE HE WAS GONNA PROPOSE TO YOU" He shouted back.

Shit.

"But I can't. I've left him. Not because I wanted to. But because I don't want him or Jana to get hurt." I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

After I said that I just broke down into tears.

Leondre came and comforted me and straight after he did that, Jana ran in and sat on my lap, hugging me.

I told Leondre that I will tell him the reason but I'm not ready to tell him yet. He knew what it was like if he tried to push me so instead he decided to go and get takeaway fish and chips because Jana is allergic to tomatoes. Which means she can't have pizza.

Leo left the house to get the food and I was sat with Jana falling asleep next to me. She was nearly asleep until there was some very loud, frantic banging at the door.

It woke her up and she started crying and as soon as she did, the knocking at the door stopped. I picked her up and she cuddled into my side. I went to the door to find out who was frantically knocking and opened it, revealing Charlie

The first and last person I wanted to see.

"Why?" is all that came out of his mouth.