Chapter 37

What??!!??

I stood there being really confused. Was this for me or not?

I stood there for a few moments before two arms wrapped around my waist. I turned my head to see Charlie. He pulled away from my waist and took both of my hands in his hands.

"Hannah. My love for you doesn't compare to anything. You are the only person that competes my life. The first time you came Leo introduced me to you when you joined our school, I knew you were the one. You make me happy when I'm sad, you make me feel better when I'm ill and you inspire me to be a better person altogether. You gave me Jana and I can't thank you enough for that and I know we have been together for 5 years but that is because I don't know what I would do without you. So basically, what I'm trying to say is this"

Then he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring.

"I want to know that you will be with me forever so, Hannah Katie Devries, will you do me the honour of becoming Hannah Katie Lenehan?"

I actually can't believe this is happening. I just kind of stared at him for a few moments until I grabbed his cheeks and planted a kiss on his lips.

I pulled away from him after a minute or two and left my arms wrapped around his neck, his arms around my waist.

"So I'll take that as yes?" he cheekily asked. "Of course it is you big idiot" I replied before kissing him again. After we pulled away I held out my left hand and he carefully placed the ring on my ring finger.

After a slow walk down the beach, he took me to my favourite pizza place in town and then back to our house for a movie night. My mum was looking after Jana so we had a night to ourselves which is something we haven't had in a long time!

We watched The Fault In Our Stars, old but it's our favourite. We were snuggled up on the sofa, feeding each other popcorn. After the film had finished we were kissing quite passionately.

You may be able to see where this is going!