Introduction

Heyyy! East here! Alright, just to point out and start off with a couple things, I'm just going to tell you guys a funny story—

I am not into Osamu Dazai.

At all—

To you fans, I admire him (I will literally throw my sister and cousin into the nether realm to get him to teach me psychology [jk, love ya Kel, Cel <3]) but I ain't all too interested in him.

So... that sparks up the question of why am I even writing an 'x reader' with him. Simple:

Because a bottle made me.

Meet bottle-chan (yes, she claimed herself that she was a girl)

Long story short, me and my cousins and siblings were playing flip the bottle to make 'the story of our lives in the anime world' (it was amusing for most of us).

When it came to my turn, I got BSD and the suicidal maniac known as Dazai Osamu, but surprisingly, she made an incredibly beautiful story that I had to write.

More like I wanted to, BUT THAT WOULD BE A GOOD WASTE OF A STORY—

Seeing that I've got nothing on here anyways, I figured, might as well throw it here.

So... yeah. This entire story was decided by a bottle, if you have any yes or no questions for our author bottle-chan, just feel free to ask.

All the non-canon characters (except Chayana Celeste, who belongs to @Celeste265 and of course Y/N and the tiny background characters) are really based off actual authors and their works or characters in their works. Unlike Asagiri-san, I do not know much about them and their personalities and behavior may differ from reality (I tried my best though, I swear).

The works 'Under Cherries in Full Blossom', 'Crane at Night', 'In the Shelter of the Pine', 'New Tides of Thought', 'New Life', 'The Literary Letter' and 'The Setting Sun' belong to Ango Sakaguchi, Yoshiko Shibaki, Ogimachi Machiko, Kan Kukichi, Toson Shimazaki, Nakajima Utako and Dazai Osamu respectively.

I do have drawings of these characters I made for this project, but I have no idea where to place them. I would have placed them here or when they're introduced, but I think it would ruin the story, so I might place them at the end (though, if you have any better ideas, I'd be glad to listen to them :'))

That and I do plan to have a drawing for some of the chapters, so if there's a hold up, just remember it's author-san and her lazy arse forgetting or having 0 motivation to draw.

To avoid dumps I will be updating this story every Wednesday if possible and I'll have author notes (maybe even activities) on Fridays (like, Q and As, one-shot requests, quizzes, etc... I might even do gifts XD).

Just note that I live in Asia, so that would be WIB for me. I'm not sure if I want to schedule a time yet, but eh, whatever works as long as this thing gets uploaded— (I've been working on this since... May 2021? I wanted to upload on January 2022 but I figured that it would be best to upload at the same time as BSD S4 lol)

In case you didn't read the description, warnings include: minor manga, 'Stormbringer' and 'The Day I Picked Up Dazai' spoilers; non-canon characters (original characters); mentions of suicide, self harm scars, abuse, alcohol usage; lots of music lol; curse words; suggestive themes; Dazai Osamu gets his own warning

Small note: there will be 'codes' and such, and since I'm not very familiar with coding (I've only learned html :')), please feel free to correct me so I can improve.

Another note: THANK YOU SO MUCH TO MY BRO @MelMen066 FOR HELPING, I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE WRITING THIS—

Anyways, sorry for the really long introduction (there was a lot I wanted to say—), and I hope y'all will enjoy :')

Extra Edit: ... okay, I wrote this on March 2021 and after writing this I have officially started finding interest the suicidal maniac

...

Someone end me—