File 020

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 100: Day 100</h1>

"Dazai-kun? What about him?"

I sorted some folders in my hands, the sound of paper shuffling dominating for several seconds as I spoke to my creator.

"I just wanted to know how he is around you, that's all," I admitted, stuffing the files away into shelves.

He appeared to be impressed, "I didn't know you could be that curious."

"Is it not part of my program to analyze people?" I asked him, but he didn't reply to this question.

"He's the usual 'suicide is a method to free myself from this oxidizing world' maniac, why?" Ango raises a brow, as if accusing me of some sort of crime.

"Do you know what he's like with others?"

"If you're trying to figure out how he functions, don't bother, the most important thing to know is if he's your enemy or not," he says, adjusting his glasses as he reads the papers in his hands.

"Enemy?" I echoed.

He hums, "'the greatest misfortune for Dazai's enemies are the fact that they are Dazai's enemies', it's a rather well known saying in the mafia."

"Is it? I'm surprised I've never heard of it," I admitted, letting my fingers go through a stack of files before arranging them in numerical order, "you must be thankful that he's your friend then."

I sensed a slight tension before he nodded, "that's true."

He goes back to reading as I went back to speaking, "so is the Dazai you're friends with a different Dazai with the executive Dazai?"

"It's the same Dazai."

"I meant personality wise, not literally."

He looked like he was going to choke on something before whipping around to face me in surprise.

"Is something wrong?" I asked as he quickly shakes his head, "I'm alright, don't worry."

He turns back to his papers as he answers my question, "there are some similarities, to start, the two of them are still suicidal no matter how you look at it, though, he often states it in a joking manner with me and Oda-san."

"The biggest difference I can state is how he presents himself, he's more lighthearted and less stern to us compared to the others in Port Mafia, you can probably ask Akutagawa-kun," he then shrugs.

"He'll probably kill me if I asked," I tried to point out.

"That's fair..."

I could hear footsteps and the door opened as I saw the peaceful mafioso come down the steps.

"Ango, where are the files regarding the bombs in the storehouse last time? Dazai would like them updated," he informs, "oh, and he also requested the essay from Chayana-san regarding the infiltration."

"Dazai-san's not getting it himself?" I questioned.

"Well, there's no surprise there," Ango appears to admit before searching through the drawers.

"He says he's busy with Akutagawa-kun," Oda says as Ango hands him the files.

"Busy training I'm guessing..."

He nods again before looking over at me, "I'm surprised you haven't been hanging around Dazai lately."

"Huh?" Ango turns to face me a little confused.