File 035

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 322: Day 322</h1>

The slums were painted white with snow and frost coated the side of the building as I climbed up it like a spider.

I come in through the window, streaks of light cracking through and I see Dazai stare at me awkwardly as I settle in.

"Did you just come in through the window??" He stares at the window.

"The front door's blocked with snow, the same with the balcony door."

"I don't think that's a reason to come in through the window..."

"Says the mafia executive," I took off a backpack that I had slung onto my back and took out several blankets, and a coat.

He then tilts his head at the items, "what are these for? You getting cold, (Y/N)-chan?"

"The forecast for tomorrow is a snowstorm, even if I heated the room, there isn't a guarantee that you'll be able to stay warm for the night," I say, handing the stuff over to him.

I then realized something that I should've asked for a while now, "speaking of the mafia, what are you doing here?"

He blinks in slight surprise, "I quitted."

If I had the capability to choke, I probably would have.

"Eh??"

Then it was my turn to blink in surprise, "so why are you actually here? I assumed that you had a mission."

"I thought Taneda-san told you that I was a client?" He asked me.

"That still doesn't answer anything, Dazai-san..." I pointed out before shaking my head, "but I thought you liked Port Mafia?"

He doesn't answer, instead, he hangs his head low. It appears that I had hit a spot that I wasn't supposed to.

I frowned before questioning him, "what's going to happen to the others? And your position as executive?"

"That's none of my business. Not anymore. And besides..." I could see him smile weakly, still staring at the ground, "I didn't mean all that much to them."

My expression didn't change. What happened at the Mafia; what he had placed me through... I can't forget it. And I won't forget it.

But now, I really wanted to trust the words someone told me. Even if I haven't fully forgiven him.

"Dazai-san always knows what he's doing, with him, everything has a reason..."

"I don't know the reason for the things you did to me when we were at the Mafia, and I won't force you to answer if you don't want to... but putting that and hatred aside..."

I placed my hand on his shoulder and bent down to meet his eyes with a smile, "you mean a lot to me, Dazai."

He looked at me and I could make out the surprise in his eyes, the way they slowly shaped into close to invisible tears that started to gather.

I manage to huff out a smile, "alright, don't start crying now, come here."

I pulled him towards me slowly and I wrapped him into a hug.

He felt warm.

I can hear him laugh a little, "that's one way to say you actually care."

I continued to smile and decided to joke, "not at all, after all..."