File 022

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 108: Day 108</h1>

Chayana refused to say anything more than that, and soon, training was over.

I had handed in the folder to Mori who appeared to approve of my options, before sending me off to train again.

"The quicker your train, the quicker we'll be able to see results, I expect a lot from you, (Y/N)-chan," he smiled.

I had kicked a dummy in the head before straightening up again with a frown.

"I don't understand, why is everyone told to avoid me?"

"I don't get it either, but when that damn Mackerel plans something, best not to ask questions... I've learned that the hard way..."

Though he wasn't referring to Dazai directly, I could suddenly feel that urge to punch something again.

I did another kick and he sighs, "you're going too quick, you're going behind the strike point."

"Am not."

"The strike point is the side of the forehead over here," he gets off the wall and kicks the dummy, near the temple.

Apparently, his kicks were rather powerful, I could feel wind just from the motion of his feet.

I then opened a tab and read off from it, "According to scientific research, striking behind the ear is much more beneficial, it's full of nerves, a direct tap on those nerves can yield a knockout."

"Oh, really?" He raised a brow, a little impressed at the least.

I nodded, "check for yourself, apply pressure to the area about an inch and a half or two inches behind the bottom of either one of your ears, farther toward the back of your head, it should be sensitive right around there."

He takes two fingers and presses near there before humming, "I suppose you're right..."

"The chin or jaw can also cause a knockout, so a direct kick should do it," I say.

"What are you? The encyclopedia of shit beating?" He raises a brow over at me, staring at the dummy.

"I'm human."

"Forget it, never mind..."

"Though hitting the side of the head isn't wrong either," I admitted, kicking that location on the dummy instead.

"How's that?" I asked.

"You're meaning to say you could've hit it this whole time?" He looks over at me with a slight deadpanned look.

"I apologize."

"Yeah, yeah, try striking the base of the throat," he pointed at the dummy and I frowned.

"That's normally fatal."

"You have a problem with that?"

I stared at the dummy and he appears to notice my hesitation and sighs tiredly, "I wonder how you're friends with that bandage wasting device, I expected you to be just as suicidal as he is."

"Aren't human lives something to be valued and treasured?" I asked before staring at the ground, "I'll admit, not even I can understand Dazai-san, I just don't see why..."

"Oi, oi, if you start crying, I'll kick you," Chuuya says before muttering something about therapy not being in his contract.

He releases another sigh, "that's just how he is, no need to get upset over his actions, it's not like crying about it's gonna change him."