File 005

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 015: Day 15</h1>

The familiar sounds of machinery, the rustling of paper and typing rang through my ears as I looked from my pod to see Ango reading through the list on what appears the be the 53rd time as Katai downloads and organizes my memory in another storage device, back hunched and futon draped around him warmly.

"How's she doing?" Ango questions, placing the list on the table to his left as he peered over to see the screen.

Katai simply shrugs, fingers still at the keyboard, typing away, "give me one moment..."

I stare at a wall on my right, finding the computer screen no longer interesting as I try to find something else to catch my interest. The tapping continues to fill the room before it stops briefly.

I look back to see the two men, the man in the futon had his mouth open in shock, and the special divisions agent had his eyes wide in surprise.

"Is there a problem?" I asked as I noticed Katai's mouth twitch lightly.

"Sh... she learnt over 80 new codes in a week..."

I hop out of my podium immediately and lean towards the computer to see the different codes.

"Is that a good thing?" I questioned.

Katai suddenly creates some sort of spontaneous sound, it sounded cheery or amused, "it's an amazing thing! This is incredible! We're breaking the laws of science right here and now!"

"Never in a million years," Ango starts, his shock turning into invisible joy, "would I have thought that something like this could actually be achieved, this is groundbreaking."

"Well I suppose my work here is done, her base is finished, all that's left is to check her progress. As for that, I've got good news! You don't have to stop by on Sundays anymore!"

I blinked in slight confusion, "that's a good thing?"

"For me! I don't have to leave the house! I finally got onto connecting your nanocephalon with my computers, so I'll be able to check on you daily without needing to actually meet you," he cheers.

Me and Ango simply stare in silence as he continues to speak, "so, yeah, this may be my last time meeting you."

I bowed, "thank you for your service and for everything you've done."

I can hear Ango nod, "it's an honor to have you work with us."

"I'll be off now then, goodbye to you two," he nods back, getting up from chair, hugging his futon tightly around himself as he drags it with him, trailing like a robe behind him as he exits the room.

"I suppose the futon 'robe' is suiting."

"Hm?" Ango turns to face me.

I shrug, "he is the king of technology, it suits him."

I notice him nod, agreeing as he adjusts his glasses, "I suppose you're right, let's get going, we have to head back to the mafia."

"I suppose you will be heading back to mimic?" I inquired.

The longer I stayed at the mafia, the more Ango seemed to leave. He seemed to be more busy these days, often telling me to take over his job for the day before heading out without another word.

He nods as we headed towards the exit after turning off the power in the computer lab, "Mori-san has been requesting me to gather more and more information, I'll have to work closer to them in order to do that, meaning that I will have to be more present."

I hummed in understanding as we entered the parking lot. I got into the passenger's seat while Ango took the wheel.

"How long do you suppose you will be 'working' for Mimic?" I queried.

"I'm not all too sure," he answers, leading the car out of the lot.

The silence in the car wasn't tense, but it wasn't exactly soothing either, two sounds of machinery clashed as I stared out the window to find something that could entertain me at the least.

Only faint blurs could be made out from the camera lenses, colors of grays, greens, browns, blues, yellows, all blurred together as if someone had smudged a painting.

It was a rather beautiful sight.

The blurs slowly fade to reveal the familiar tall, black, polished building. I got out of the car and entered the building, men in suits and shades in every corner as Ango catches up with me.

"Let's get to work now, shall we?" Ango asks me and I nod, "hai."

</body>
</html>

<!-- end journaling code -->
<!-- end audio recorder code -->
<!-- end video recorder code -->

Yep. As mention. Really short and pretty boring chapter, but this is the last of boring chapters, I promise :') I'll be opening the QnA today over in my conversations channel, so if you guys have questions or if you're curious about anything and want to ask Bottle-chan, feel free!

And as always, eat healthy, drink a lot, hug your parents and watch BSD 4. That's all, bai bai!!