File 025

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 138: Day 138</h1>

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Flip.

This was way too familiar.

Scanning through the book, brushing my thumb on the cover, the sound of the clock being the only thing that filled my ears.

It was as if I went back in time... and yet...

An executive wrapped in bandages never came in, his footsteps never heard near the unit ever since he left.

The words in the book looked dizzying as the clock continued to tick.

Chuuya and Oda's been away to handle reports and missions lately, though I couldn't blame them. I can't expect them to train me all the time, it simply didn't work that way.

Though I had a feeling that Dazai may have been keeping them busy to keep me away from them.

I scoffed a little before going back to try and read. My mind seemed to be slow to process, studying each and every word to the fact that I pondered if they were being spelled correctly or why they were spelled that way.

I shut the book rather loudly before tossing it onto my table with a thunk!

I buried my head in my hands as I felt a familiar tight feeling take hold of me once more.

2 and a half weeks.

2 and a half weeks of not speaking to anyone, not seeing anyone other than Ango. 2 and a half weeks of being trapped in the same room everyday. 2 and a half weeks of hearing that stupid clock tick...

It was getting frustrating.

"Urusai!" I yelled at the clock.

It kept going.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock...

I didn't expect it to stop of course, that would be illogical, though it did lighten that heavy load on my chest.

I was half tempted to throw my book at it, but I know Ango wouldn't be pleased if he found the golden remains of the clock on the wooden floor.

I buried my head in my hands, as I went through files and folders in my head.

Staring at words made me feel even worse so I went to check my memory.

'Log 44...
Opening...'

"Dazai-san, I don't think that's a good idea—"

"IT BIT ME—"

"I told you not to go around and annoy other people's dogs, the chances of getting bitten were 1 out of 70..."

"Why isn't it biting you??"

"Because I didn't annoy it."

I could see Dazai waving a hand with a pout along with my own hand stroking the head of a corgi.

I remember that this was when he took me out to Honmokurinkai Park. He thought it would be a good idea to play around with someone's dog by pretending and often faking in throwing sticks for it.

I think it got angry because it bit him...

And that was when I learned that Dazai and dogs don't get along apparently.