File 007

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 023: Day 23</h1>

"What did you do while I was away?"

"I've finished reorganizing the office, handed in the files Mori-san requested, retrieved files from Oda-san regarding the planted bombs in one of the storehouses, and I had to write up regarding two deaths from said storehouse," I listed, "oh, and I talked with Dazai-san."

"Regarding?"

"Teaching."

"Hm?" Ango looks to face me, stopping in his tracks on our way to the intelligence unit.

"I told Dazai-san a few days ago that he couldn't teach, I believe he was trying to prove me incorrect, he's been rather persistent," I admit, "it wasn't a bother though, he's rather good company."

"Company?" He echoes.

"The office can be rather lonely at times, he keeps it lively," I nod.

He quickly pulls out his phone and starts contacting someone, "please don't listen in."

"Hai."

He places the phone onto his ear before walking once more, "Katai-san, has there been any updates on the codes?"

I quickly walk after him, passing by the neatly dressed soldiers of the Port Mafia. I nod politely at them and they simply nod back.

We soon go past the all too familiar wooden sliding door before heading down some small steps to the left of a small platform. Soon, shelves of books and files surround us, the golden clock that was notched in between the shelves on the right greeting us with its usual ticking.

"The files regarding the deceased are in the second drawer to the right, the one regarding the bombs are right underneath them," I say as I sat on the stool on the left of the platform that cradled several books in a hollowed out shelf.

He takes a seat at the other side of the room and the sound of the drawer opening and papers rustling told me that he found them. He pulls out the files and starts going over them.

The same sounds, same sight, same job.

It was getting rather sickening.

"Can I go explore Port Mafia for a little?"

Ango looks up from his papers, "sorry?"

"Can I go explore Port Mafia for a little?" I repeated a little slower.

His eyebrows furrowed as he frowned, "why?"

"I'd just like to look around, this is the only location I know in the Port Mafia after all, well, other than when I need to retrieve files or ask questions," I shrug, resting my face in my arms as I tried to find something in the office, perhaps a file I've never seen before, a folder out of place, anything.

I hear him let out a tired sigh, "(Y/N), the risk of being found out with self-thought enabled almost all the time now is already high, we can't have any more risks."

"But isn't it my job to try and learn more to develop my personality?"

"Under a certain set of rules, humans have them too, take this as another lesson that at times we have to hold ourselves back from what we want," he advised, soon going back to his papers.

I couldn't help but sigh as I continued looking around.

The same room, the same atmosphere, the same...