File 018

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 098: Day 98</h1>

Flip. Flip. Flip. Thump.

I went through the many reports stacked on my table, to organize them easier before tossing them onto a stack in order.

I sighed, resting my forehead in my hand as my eyes continued to scan across the words in the file.

It's been a week since the search started and almost nothing has been found, no data has been able to be traced, and neither do we have a lead.

Regretfully, I wasn't able to help much, most of the time I was just told to collect reports and organize them, it's either that or I try to trace the data from my end.

But as always, nothing.

I hear the familiar footsteps of a petite redhead who enters the room.

"Nothing, again," he tosses some files onto my table that land with a small 'SMACK!'.

I take the files as he sits down on the opposing chair to face me, his back hunched and his gloved hands together.

I spoke to remove the silence, "no one said tracking data would be easy, I'm still to blame, I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing, it's not going to fix the situation," he tells me, eyes still on the ground and his head on his hands.

"Sorry."

"Say 'sorry' one more time and I'm going to punch something."

"..."

"..."

"Shall I apologize—"

"No."

I looked over at the bookshelves before copying the small huff I'd see Koyo do when frustrated or tired.

"Does Dazai-san still refuse to provide any assistance?"

"Clearly, I don't need the suicidal maniac's help anyways," he scoffs in clear annoyance.

I haven't seen Dazai at all after the search has started, I've never even bumped into him in the hallways.

I can feel my loneliness start to creep back out, slowly starting to take hold of me once more.

I will admit even if he was just using me, he was rather good company.

I stared at the dim lighted ceiling, trying to search for a solution.

Nothing.

I sighed once more before resting my head in my hands.

"You done wallowing in misery?" Chuuya questions me sarcastically.

I frowned in slight confusion, "wallowing in misery doesn't sound all too pleasant in the first place."

"Never mind," he quickly states, appearing to suddenly find interest in the files to his left.

I drummed my fingers on the table, creating a couple of dents in the smooth wooden surface causing me to stop.

"Has a plan been formed?" I asked, looking back to face the redhead who scoffs, straightening up, resting his back against the shelf before crossing his arms, hat over his eyes.

"Even if one's been formed, the location is still a problem, as long as we know where it is, we can launch a search, even the name of the street would be more than enough. Though, if we could get the file's exact location, it would make our search much faster."