File 001

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 002: Day 2</h1>

"Ango, who's this?"

I peered over my shoulder as I balanced on the ladder to see a man dressed in black, a bandage over his right eye, and around his arms and neck.

My system got to work, the blue box zooming in on his face as I read out the presented information.

"Dazai Osamu, you are 17 years old and your ability is 'No Longer Human', you work as a Port Mafia Underboss. It's quite curious that you are an underboss at such a young age," I added on before turning back to the volumes on the shelf, my eyes quickly scanning them.

"Ah, this is (Y/N), she's my daughter, I brought her here to assist me," I can hear Ango answer.

"Does the boss know about this?" Dazai questions.

"Hai, it's her second day here," Ango nods.

I turned back to face Dazai as part of my coding, bowing politely, "pleasure—"

Due to the lack of balance in weight and gravity, I fell off the ladder and before I could hit the ground, Dazai quickly reacted by catching me.

"Apologies, it was part of my program," I get out of the man's arms and straighten up before bowing politely, "thank you."

"Program?" Dazai echoes.

"She's raised in a prestigious school for young women," Ango quickly answers.

"Actually—"

"We'll need to tell your teachers to tweak your program again, can you make a note on it next time we go?" Ango cuts me off.

I have not been programmed to be able to lie just yet, Katai has been working on it though.

"As part of my system, any flaws have been noted," I nodded, seeing the look of pure confusion on Dazai's face at the mention of a system.

"We'll need to fix that too..." Ango massaged his temples.

"Hai."

"That's your daughter? I didn't know you were married," I heard Dazai comment.

"Are you saying I'm incapable of getting married?"

"Of course not!" He beams in response.

Ango lets out a tired sigh, "I adopted (Y/N), her ability was proven useful so I took her in when she was younger, also, (Y/N) please go back to finding volumes 87 and 95."

"Noted," I climbed up the ladder and rapidly scanned the shelves.

"What's her ability?"

"It's called 'Under Cherries in Full Blossom', it heightens her IQ by a long scale, she's practically a know it all with near to perfect memory, not only that, but it gives her physical enhancements too, including incredible speed and jumping skills."

I hear tapping upon finding my files, I pull them out and see Dazai staring at me, tapping his chin.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"With an ability like yours, you'd be more suited for an assassin, don't you think?"

"That would be true if I didn't have a breakable body."

"Huh?"

"She's fragile," Ango answers for me, "while it may have enhanced her physical capabilities, it appeared to have weakened her durability. If you hadn't caught her, she might have shattered her leg, she's going through treatment though."

I nodded as I climbed down and handed over the files.

"How old are you?" Dazai asks me.

I shrugged, "15, two years younger than you. Well, not exactly two years, perhaps a couple of months as well."

Dazai's eyes appeared to somehow receive a small twinkle, as if getting an idea, "You know everything right?"

"Yes, but under various conditions from my father and I don't have the ability to predict futures, only possibilities."

"Can you tell me the best way to commit a painless suicide?"

My system seemed to glitch for a moment as I enabled self-thought. It wasn't fully functional, but it was still a work in progress.

"Sorry?"

"Don't answer him, he's like that, you better not be dragging my daughter into your suicide attempts," Ango quickly warns.

"I didn't expect you to be the protective type Ango," I can sense a small joking manner in his tone.

"Urusai."

I would have seen every right for Ango to be protective, from what I know, I have gone through 32 physical failed attempts, 79 system failures, and 51 code errors. I was the result of hours of hard work and many sleepless nights.

And knowing Ango, those sleepless nights were something that bothered him a lot.

I may be less physically powerful, but I was more developed program wise compared to Adam Frankenstein. I was more human-like in a way, and more intelligent. But like him, I'm still a work in progress that could be further improved.

I hear the bell chime to signal that 12:00 p.m. has arrived.

"Well, then I will be seeing you around Ms. Sakaguchi," I can hear Dazai say, as I shut down my self thoughts.

"Hai, I'll see you around Mr. Dazai Osamu."

"It was a joke... just call me Dazai-san," he told me and I nodded.

"Very well, good day to you," I bowed and with that he left.

I looked over at Ango, "he certainly is an odd man."

"That's Dazai for you, but I will admit, there's more to him than what meets the eye," Ango sighs, going to the volumes I handed him earlier.

I looked at where Dazai had stood mere minutes ago, "he's interesting."

</body>
</html>

<!-- end journaling code -->
<!-- end audio recorder code -->
<!-- end video recorder code -->

And we meet the demon prodigy!! Another short chapter (and I'll have to apologize that it will be like this for a while until... *checks notes* chapter... 4? 7? I think? Idk, long in my definition is a little over 1500 words. The chapters will get longer, eventually, I promise, Author-san is not good with beginnings).

Also, I've decided that I will be updating Inhuman every week from around 8 p.m. -  10 p.m.? And I also may have a QnA at the end of every month, just in case something in the plot confused you guys or y'all just want details or explanations (but I will be gatekeeping several things, won't be fun if I let y'all know everything 😤)

I think that will be all from me today, stay safe, drink some water, watch BSD season 4, hug your parents, and I'll see you next week. Baiiii!!