File 006

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 019: Day 19</h1>

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Flip.

I scanned through the pages of the book in my hand, my thumb rhythmically brushing itself against the hard rough leather cover as I read, the sound of the giant clock to my right being my only company.

I hear the door open, expecting to see Ango, instead, I see the bandaged up brunet.

"(Y/N)-chan! I'm guessing you're taking Ango's place again today?" He asked me and I nodded, "hai, I just finished sorting his files, what do you need?"

He gave me a somewhat offended glance, "do you just assume I come here to work?"

"Everyone else does, it makes you rather interesting as a human," I admit, "I question to myself at times on how you ended up as an executive."

"Hey! I can work! As an android you can be pretty offensive," he huffs.

"I apologize, perhaps I picked it up from Ango-san."

"That would make sense."

He then suddenly eyes me weirdly.

"Are you reading the Bible?"

"Hai."

"Why??"

"It's interesting, Ango-san recommended it to me."

"Of course he did..."

"Are you here to retrieve files or to ask what I'm reading?" I asked, trying to joke a little.

"If you're trying to joke, at least smile... I can't tell if you're joking," he suggests, eyeing me weirdly again, "or can you not smile?"

"Smile?" I quickly looked it up and read it, "to form one's features into a pleased, kind, or amused expression, typically with the corners of the mouth turned up and the front teeth exposed."

"Like this," he demonstrates, his lips curved upwards as he flashed his teeth, his face appearing to brighten up.

'Curious.'

"Why does one smile?" I tilt my head and he blinks, "can't you just search it up?"

"Which would know more about humans, machines or humans themselves?"

He appeared surprised at my question before letting out a lighter version of the sound Katai made a few days before.

"What are you doing?" I asked, his amused look turning into confusion once more.

"Doing?"

"That sound, the cheery one," I try to describe.

"Laughing?"

"Laughing?"

"Ango really doesn't teach you anything, does he?"

"There are some things he'd like me to figure out on my own," I defended, "an artificial personality isn't as good as a real one, he wants me to make one, so I have to learn somethings on my own."

He then ponders about it, "well, laughing is the sound someone makes when they find something amusing or funny, it's technically a lighter version of smiling..."

I tilted my head, my curiosity just growing even more.

"You're interesting," I suddenly said, causing him to face me in surprise, "humans are interesting... I'd like to know more about them."

I see him smile when his phone rings, it disappears as he answers the call calmly.

"Hello?"

"DAZAI-SAN, AKUTAGAWA-SAN'S GOING AFTER ME AGAIN!!"

"Shira-chan, you'll have to fight him if you want to be an assassin."

"HE'S SCARY!"

He lets out a tired sigh, "hold him off for five minutes, I'll be back."

"DA—"

He ends the call.

"Is your student alright?" I questioned.

"I suppose you heard?"

I nodded, "I can hear even the faintest noises, so listening in on phone calls isn't all too hard."

He shrugs, "she's fine, just a coward."

He then sighs again, "she has that much potential, but she never trains and always chooses to run away, she would've made a great assassin... the same with Akutagawa under different circumstances."

"I trust you should go back now, she appears to be rather uncomfortable with the situation."

He smiles innocently, "I did tell her to give me five minutes."

"I don't think that's how teaching works."

"Eh?! That's totally how it works!"

"Teaching: the act of showing or explaining something to someone on how to do something."

"What are you, a dictionary now?"

"Would you like me to be?"

"... it was a joke."

"I see," I hummed, "well, jokes aside, you should probably head back, I don't think she'll last five minutes."

He laughs, "alright then, if you want me to leave so badly, I'll go."

"Be sure to teach them properly this time."

"It's not like you'd know how to teach," he huffs childishly as he heads to the door.

"Do you think I should try to participate in teaching? Or should I check for alternatives that are similar?" I asked, curious about such an act.

He turns to face me before exiting, "you can join me next time, I'll show you that I could teach."

"I'll look forward to it."

He laughs again, "deal, also, answering your question on why I came."

"Hm?"

He smiles, "I just thought that you might be lonely."

With that, he left, the door closed behind him as the sound of the clock dominated the intelligence unit once more.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock...

Lonely?

I let it sink in some more as I ran my fingers over the rough leather cover once more.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock...

Does 'lonely' happen to be the heavy feeling in my chest that appears when you're gone?

</body>
</html>

<!-- end journaling code -->
<!-- end audio recorder code -->
<!-- end video recorder code -->

DID I FORGET THAT IT WAS A WEDNESDAY AND ALMOST FORGOT TO POST? YES—
But I didn't thanks to my alarm, so thank God—

But yep!! Longer and lengthier chapters, along with more interactions between Dazai and Y/N (again, I am so sorry for making such a slow introduction, I am not the best author, and I'm still learning...) School's been hectic, I've got exams pilled on top of exams, on top homeworks, on top of projects... in summary, I'm stressed as hell—

BUT IM ALIVE

Anyways, that's it for today!! Drink lots of water, eat healthy, hug your parents, watch BSD S4 and I will see y'all next week, baiiii