File 036

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 343: Day 343</h1>

The moment I opened my eyes, I could hear the sound of church bells chiming 12 in the distance.

I could see fairy lights hanging from bamboo poles that were securely placed in each corner of the roof and on the left was a small tree, lights wrapped around it in a messy manner.

"Merry Christmas!" He beams.

I walked towards the small tree and sat near it, poking at it, before noticing a small paper star at the top.

'A Christmas tree?'

"So, do you like it?" I hear him ask, he almost sounds like a child, plopping himself down next to me.

I was still amazed at the gift, "when did you do this?"

"Right before I headed back to the room, I stopped by up here first," he cheekily grins, "Naka-chan helped a lot, she had fun with the lights."

"And where did you get the money for this?" I asked, looking over at him.

"The one you gave me, I told you, I got the food from coupons," he smiles.

The warm yellow fairy lights seemed to contrast beautifully with Dazai's palette as I smiled as well, "this is amazing, Dazai-san... thank you."

I then remembered my own gift, "I got something for you too... though it isn't as grand as all this..."

I pulled out the scarf from the bag and wrapped it around his neck, "but I hope you like it."

He looked just as surprised as I was before smiling, "thanks, (Y/N)."

I was caught off guard by the loss of the honorific before smiling, deciding to stare off at the view.

I could see the faintest hints of lights in the city, but it's dim lighting allowed the stars to shine brighter here. It was silent, the last of the church bells going quiet and I looked over at Dazai.

He somehow appeared to look much better in the lights, golden flickers in his eyes that seemed to dance as he suddenly turned to face me and smiled.

It was almost enchanting, in a way.

"(Y/N)-chan, did you hear what I just said?"

He was now pouting, his nose red causing me to laugh, "sorry, Dazai-san."

I went through my recordings, but I couldn't find Dazai saying anything, it was like I'd unintentionally turned off my microphone.

'That's a first,' I frowned a little to myself before looking back at the brunet, "you said something?"

"I was asking you what do you think of your first Christmas," he says.

I hummed, staring back at the sky as I could feel a slight weight on my shoulder.

I smile, "I think was this an experience I could've only had with you... and Naka-chan, of course, it was fun."

I can hear him smile as well, "that's good to hear."

I continue to stare at the stars, twinkling gently is the sky as I shut my eyes to hear choirs in the distance. I open my eyes again to find myself looking at the moon hanging above us.

"Dazai-san—"

I was cut off by noticing that he had fallen asleep on my shoulder, which was rather surprising seeing that he could find comfort sleeping on metal.