File 009

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 024: Day 24</h1>

"(Y/N), you have been given an assignment from Mori-san," Ango called out to me once I entered the intelligence unit.

I looked over at him in confusion, "aren't requests by Mori-san normally handled by you?"

He sighed as he shrugged, resting his back on his chair, "I tried telling him I could do the task, but he insisted you do it."

"Would there be any significant difference?" I questioned further.

He massaged his temples before adjusting his glasses, "he's noticed your memory."

"Hm?"

He repeats himself, "he's noticed how good your memory is, and I had to admit that because of that, you're more suited for this task than I am."

"Which is?"

"He wants you to compile information about Port Mafia members. Namely, their abilities and what they do, the only reason I'm allowing you to do this task is because this could also be beneficial for the SDUP," he explains, lowering his voice on the last part, "you don't have to interview everyone, just the ability users."

"How will I know who's an ability user and who isn't? I don't think I can scan everyone."

He lets out another one of his tired sighs, "you'll be given a guide."

"A guide?" I echoed slower as the door burst open causing me and Ango to jump in surprise.

"(Y/N)-chan! Are you ready to go?"

Ango sighs again, "Dazai-kun will be your guide... as much as I hate to admit it, he's the person I can trust you with the most, perhaps second to Odasaku-san."

"Eh??" Dazai whirls around to face the man in glasses, "don't be like that Ango!"

"The only reason I'm entrusting (Y/N) to you is because you already know about her not being human," he crosses his arms, staring at the bandaged man.

"Okay! Okay! I'll be careful with her, don't worry Ango, I'll have her back before curfew," he jokes, causing Ango to raise a brow at him in a judging manner.

"Kidding! Kidding! We'll be back as soon as we finish, let's get going (Y/N)-chan! Be sure to take lots of notes!" He takes my hand and leads me out of the door.

"There better not be a scratch on her Dazai-kun!" I can hear Ango call out as Dazai simply laughs.

We walked down the hallways as he pulled out a sheet of paper, various names written onto it.

Before I could ask, he handed me the sheet, "this is a list of all the Ability Users here, you'll even have an opportunity to see the abilities in action to get a better idea of them."

I nodded as I studied the list, there were at least 20 names on it.

"This is a lot of ability users," I commented.

"Some of us are busy, so we'll have them write about their own abilities and send it to Mori," Dazai states.

I nodded, "understood."

"Alright! Let's start!" He stretches, "I trust you know Ango's ability already so we can skip him, you technically don't have an ability so we don't have to add it to the database... we'll start at the lab."