File 034

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 233: Day 233</h1>

I could hear the sound of wincing as I rolled my eyes and tightened the bandage around his head, "how did you even get into a bar fight in the first place?"

He opens his mouth but I cut him off, knowing that the answer was most likely going to be a ridiculous one.

"You know what, forget I asked," I sighed as I tied the ends of the bandages before getting up, grabbing the leftover bandages and putting them away.

It was silent, something I've actually missed for the first time in a while.

"I thought you'd leave me there," he admits.

"I wanted to," I replied plainly.

"Still mean even when I'm trying to be sentimental..." I can hear him smile nervously.

"Well, if I left you there, that would cause the poor bartender more problems since someone wrecked their bar in a fist fight," I pointed out, looking over at him before letting my back face him again so I could tidy the bed.

Silence flooded the air again as I folded the sheets.

"But you still brought me back... thanks."

I turned back to face him and he seemed to genuinely mean it.

I went back to folding the sheets, not wanting to fall for another one of his tricks. But I spoke without thinking.

"You can thank me by getting something to eat. I saw a porridge shop two buildings away, I'll lock you out if you don't show me the bill."

I could hear him react in slight surprise before a laugh followed right after it. It was the first time I've heard him laugh in a while.

"Yes, ma'am."

</body>
</html>

<!-- end journaling code -->
<!-- end audio recorder code -->
<!-- end video recorder code -->
-
-
-
-
<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 260: Day 260</h1>

He looked much better now. He wasn't as scrawny as when I first met him and the bags underneath his eyes had disappeared.

Sure he still wasn't the Dazai who enjoyed sneaking me out and making me laugh, but it made me feel relieved that he was looking better at the least.

Though, his behavior didn't change much...

"I heard he's brought home at least 20 women."

"Really??"

"Yeah, though I heard that he already has a woman living with him..."

I switched my focus to the music playing gently in the background of the grocery store as I picked up some bread, tossing it into the basket before heading towards the cashier.

"Will this be all?" The woman behind the counter asks me tiredly, putting down her newspaper to look at me.

I nodded as she got up from her chair and started scanning the items while I placed the exact payment on the counter.

I looked back to see the two women who were chatting earlier leaving the shop and I did a facial recognition search.

'Eight and thirteenth—'