File 013

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 047: Day 47</h1>

Tap. Tap. Tap.

That was the only sound I could hear as I made my way towards the intelligence unit. I greeted the soldiers nearby with a simple nod as I continued to walk, recounting the files in my arms over and over again to ensure I didn't drop anything.

I entered the intelligence unit and was heading towards the stairs when out of nowhere, a demonic figure appeared and I jumped back in surprise.

"What on earth?" I let out, poking the dangling figure when it emits a low rumbling sound that caused me to jump back again.

'What the—'

I poke it again to realize it was only a toy, I sighed and entered the room, "Dazai-san, I know you're in here, come out."

"Ah, no wonder I didn't hear screaming."

I whirled around to see Dazai hanging in the corner of the shelves, his arms and legs each holding onto a shelf rack, as if he were a spider. He lifts up his left hand and waves at me.

"Hi (Y/N)-chan!"

"Dazai-san, what are you doing up there?? Get down!" I scolded as I eyed him with slight concern.

"Ok—"

He loses his grip and falls onto the ground, landing with a thunk, some files falling on top of him.

"What were you thinking?" I questioned, picking up the files and quickly placing them back.

He laughs nervously, "that was meant for Ango."

He then looks at me hopefully, "did I scare you though?"

"Not really, but you did manage to surprise and confuse me," I admitted with my brows furrowed.

I then noticed his right arm in a cast, I continued to question him further, "what happened to your arm?"

"Oh, I got it when I was driving in a rush yesterday and I crashed into the side of a mountain," He beams.

"How are you still alive and how did you get up there?" I tilted my head, making my way towards the desk to put away the files in my arms.

"I know right? I thought I had successfully died," he sighs irritatingly, "my stupid airbag showed up and all I ended up with was a broken arm."

"Perhaps you should disable the airbags first then," I try suggesting sarcastically.

"Ooh! I'll take note!... though, I'm not too sure how to disable the airbag, but I'll figure it out."

"Please don't try to kill yourself, we have enough members dying as it is," I wave the files and he takes them from me, his expression turning firm as he flips through the files.

"16 members went missing, 7 were found dead," I summarized, "the files contain their last sightings of them, Ango-san told me to suggest a search party."

"They've been missing for two weeks now, it's safe to assume that they've all been killed... the only problem we have is that there are almost no camera sightings, almost all of these are written reports," Dazai comments, going through what pictures we had.

"What do you think is their possible objective?" I asked.

"Revenge, for Port Mafia's resources, trying to overthrow the mafia, without knowing the organization, the possibilities are endless," Dazai answers me, slipping the photos back into the file.