File 026

<!-- begin video recorder code -->
<!-- begin audio recorder code -->
<!-- begin journaling code -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1>Log 149: Day 149</h1>

"(Y/N), I'll be heading to Mimic today, I'll be visiting Lupin tonight as well so I'm taking you to the hotel after dinner, I'll most likely come home late again," he lists tiredly.

"Hai..." I nodded before fondling with my fingers, "after this Mimic thing is over, can we go out?"

He sighs, "do you not remember what happened the last time you went out?"

I frowned, "you're referring to the attack last time, right?"

He nods, "we can risk that happening again, I'm sorry."

I clenched my fists a little, "understood."

I soon found myself inside the car on the way back to the hotel, the radio was playing the news as Ango steered us towards the lobby.

I checked his bag, his camera, a pack of cigars and some papers.

"The forecast says that it will be raining tonight," I say, grabbing the foldable umbrella from the storage compartment and tucking it inside his bag.

The car stops and I get out of the passenger's seat as he speaks to me while I exit the car.

"Lock the doors and shut the curtains, don't open the door to strangers—"

"Don't worry about me, Ango-san, I'll be completely fine, would you like me to prepare food for when you come back?" I offered, leaving the door open for a little while.

"Something light would be alright, I plan to get some rest as soon as possible."

I nodded in agreement, studying the dark circles underneath his eyes, "you should probably sleep in tomorrow, I'll handle work tomorrow."

"That's not necessary, get upstairs (Y/N), don't stay out for too long," he reminds me.

I nodded, closing the car door before heading inside the hotel.

I arrive back to the room with little to no problem, locking the door behind me and turning on the lights.

I checked the room to ensure there weren't any cameras or people hiding about before settling onto my couch.

I drew in a breath before sighing, outside the large windows, I could see the ocean. I got up to shut the curtains, but not before admiring the view for a little.

It was raining, but I could see the Cosmo Clock glowing dimly in the dark.

No matter how many times I looked at it, I could never get bored of it, I could never get tired of looking at it. The different flashes of light twinkling from the buildings that made it look like a city of stars.

It was probably the view I loved the most.

I shut the curtains and sat back down onto my couch, feeling something brush my arm.

I turned to see the stuffed penguin that Dazai got me last time. I've honestly gotten attached to it, Ango scolded me about it before when he had members of the SDUP over.

Well, it was mainly because Taneda would often joke about it, so I normally hid it between the cushions.

I squished the small doll before smiling to myself. I tucked it away into my jacket and pondered on what to do.

It wasn't often that I was taken home early, in fact, this might be the second time, the first being the time Dazai placed some sort of stink bug in Ango's drawer as a joke.