4

syd pov
November 15th

I sighed to myself after stepping foot into my favorite cafe, inhaling the fresh scent of banana bread and coffee as I made my way to the counter. "Still haven't gotten my package." I hear from behind me, glancing back I made eye contact with the woman from a few weeks ago.

I'd been seeing her a lot lately, at the grocery store, in traffic, at a few ball games, and of course, here. "Have you reported it?"

"Shit, nearly a year ago." She sarcastically said, I raised an eyebrow with a hum before stepping up in line. "Well, I don't know what to tell you."

"How about you take me to get it, since you're still in uniform." She suggested, I glanced down at my jumpsuit before chuckling lightly. "Ma'am, I just did a 12 hour shift—."

"—and I still haven't received my package." She crossed her legs, I shrugged. "I told you, I don't work in that department." I reminded her, she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Then what do you do?" She asked, I glanced down at my outfit. "I drive trucks?"

"Exactly—."

"—not shipping trucks, 18 wheeler trucks and shit of that sort." I informed her, she hummed while giving me a slow once over. "And what's so important about this package anyway?" I asked, leaning against her table.

"Does it matter?"

"Obviously if you keep bugging 'bout it, right?" I asked, she hummed. "Right.."

"Just reorder it." I shrugged. "You got 50$?" She asked, I pat my pockets before pulling out my wallet. "Yeah, what you ask me that for?" I asked, glancing inside.

"Pay for my package."

"What's in your drink?" I asked, she chuckled and I clenched my jaw a bit. "Moore!" I heard my name being called, going up to the counter I grabbed my order before nodding my head at the cashier.

"I really think you stole my package, because I've never seen you before until it came up missing and you showed up on my doorstep." She concluded, I chuckled.

"That's because I don't drive delivery trucks, and I happened to be the one to explain the problem with our delivery process." I concluded, taking a sip of my ice tea. "That doesn't mean shit."

"I guarantee that whatever your package was, was not worth me stealing." I replied, she hummed. "Whatever, the moment you disappear, my package will appear."

"This is real life, girl. Ain't no fairytales. That package long gone, now stop harassing and stalking me over it."

"Stalking?" She frowned, I nodded. "I been seeing you everywhere." I pointed out, she raised an eyebrow. "That sounds like you're stalking me.." She said, I chuckled.

"What I'm stalking you for girl?"

"Trying to see when I'm getting another package." She shrugged, I chuckled. "I know your address, I wouldn't stalk you at a grocery store when I can just go to your house."