23

onnscient
3 days later

"Tray really set me up." Honey told Mella as she sat on FaceTime, watching Syd, Tray, Kev, and a few others play ball. "He not my man no more, really set my girl up."

"Exactly." She mumbled while rolling her eyes, after Syd left that night, they didn't speak for 3 days. Honey not knowing what to say, and Syd just giving her time and space as usual.

"Y'all gonna talk about y'all lil problem or what?"

"Yeah, when I find out what to say."

"Just tell me! I can give you good advice." Mella insisted, Honey and Syd locked eyes for a second before Syd was turning to go back down the court. Shit.

"No, ima figure out on my own, and then I'll ask for your help if it doesn't work."

"Since when have we used that method?" Mella asked, Honey shrugged. "I'm for real, it's personal to her, I guess."

"Ohhh, well I hope y'all can get it sorted soon, ya' grumpy ass need that cat ate." She said, Honey playfully rolled her eyes. "And do, desperately."

~

"Y'all must not be cool right now?" Tray asked as he stood in the kitchen, eating a bowl of fruit loops while watching Syd and Honey pretend to be occupied by whatever was in front of them.

"Cause the tension is very thick." He added, neither of them spoke so he just nodded and left the kitchen. "So.." Honey started, cringing at how awkward it was.

"Mhm." Syd hummed, Honey went over and took her phone, forcing Syd to look at her. "Why you walk out on me the other night?"

"Because I ain't wanna be late for work, or miss it in fact." She shrugged, Honey stared into her eyes for a few seconds before sighing. "If this is about the whole you thing, I'm not judging you. I was just.. shocked. We can talk about it whenever you're ready though. I wanna know everything about you, good and bad."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, 100%."

"I was born with it I never gave it much thought, I let people call me whatever they see fit, and it goes the same way as of now. I'm just, Syd." She shrugged, Honey stood trying to understand and she slowly nodded.

"So it works like a regular.."

"Yeah."

"You got nuts?"

"Sorta."

"Can you impregnate someone?"

"Yeah..." She mumbled, Honey nodded again. "So.."

"Go to ya' room and think about it." Syd shook her head while lightly chuckling. "I get it, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that you expect me to take all that." Honey stated, Syd laughed.

"I'm not laughing."

"Well I am, should've thought about that before you decided to tease me and talk all that shit." She shrugged, going into the fridge. "Well how was I supposed to know?"