19

syd pov
January 17th

"Come on, push, push!" I clapped, watching as Kevin and Tray started their 6th sprint. "Come on, Saint. My legs hurting." Tray complained.

"As long as you ain't dying, keep running."

"I can't!"

"Man run! You so fucking weak, you don't wanna sacrifice shit to be great. So what your fucking legs hurt, my fucking legs hurt! I been standing here for hours, making sure ya' garbage ass gets better. You been sluggin all week, told yo' ass this shit wasn't gone be easy. RUN!" I snapped, he huffed and took off running.

Kevin was already done and was resting, I glanced at the time on my phone. "You got 20 seconds or y'all starting all over!" I let him know, he instantly picked up his legs and finished his suicide with 2 seconds left.

"Back up."

"Saint, please." He begged, I glanced down at the clock. "Ready? GO!" I hit the button, watching as they took off again, doing the down and back first.

A few seconds later they both finished with 5 seconds left. "Tray, 1 and 1 down one, you miss, I'm adding 5 suicides." I let him know, he sighed.

"Come on man, do em." Kevin insisted, holding his arms above his head as I gave Tray a ball. "Make em while you tired. You only got 3 left, so what that tell you?"

"I need to make 3."

"Exactly." I nodded, watching as he took a deep breath and bounced the ball twice before spinning it, he lined his hands up before shooting, I watched as the ball fell through the net.

"Good shot, boy!" Kev encouraged him, getting his rebound. "2 more."

I watched as he repeated the process for the next shot, making it. Then the last, he missed short.

"On the line." I took out my phone. "30 seconds, ready? GO!" I watched as they took off, running like their lives depended on it.

Finishing with 2 seconds left, I chuckled. "Kev, go make 5 in a row and we done." I stated, he nodded and took a deep breath while taking the ball, he bounced it once and came up, shooting perfectly.

Repeating the process for every shot, he quickly made his 5 and sprinted to the water fountain. I chuckled while getting all of our things together, I carried the balls out to my truck, waiting for the two doofuses and once they joined, we headed to Honey's crib.

Walking in the house, the sound of music met my ears and the smell of steak filled my nostrils.

You love the way I pop my top
Or how I lose my cool
Or how I look at you, say why?
It ain't no fighting, no I can't stop it
This took a while, yeah...

I dropped Tray and Kevin's things on the couch before I made my way into the kitchen, seeing Honey dancing around while singing the song, swaying her hips to the beat.

"Wanna be a type of girl, you take home to your mama. The type of girl, I know your fellas they'd be proud of, uh be proud of, boy you know.