6

omniscient
December 3rd

"Yo!" Syd said into the phone, leaning against her kitchen counter as she stood with a carton of cranberry juice in her hand. "What, Sydney?"

"Where you been at girl, you been ghosting me for almost 2 weeks now." She pointed out, taking a sip of the flavorful juice. "I haven't been ghosting anything, I've simply just been busy."

"I don't wanna hear that shit, girl—."

"—you never do!.." Syd moved her head away from the phone and waited a few seconds before she resumed. "Where you at?"

"Why?"

"Honey where the hell you at girl." She sighed in frustration, the line went dead. She nodded and grabbed her keys, slipping on her house shoes she made her way toward the door.

Once she made it to Honey's house, she was in fact not there. So she sat in the driveway and waited, shocking Honey once she pulled up.

"What're you doing here?" She asked, stepping out of a dodge charger, dressed all up. "Where you coming from dressed like that?"

"Answer my question, Sydney." She insisted, Syd just stared down at her with a nonchalant look, Honey scoffed and walked her past her. "You're free to come in if you like.." She heard her tell the guy that dropped her off, he peaked out the window and pointed at Syd before saying something, she just watched with her arms crossed as they had a small conversation.

A few minutes later he got out and followed Honey up to the stairs, but so did Syd. Syd stepped into the house, inhaling the fruity scent which the house smelled strongly of.

She closed the door behind herself and watched as Honey ignored her, talking with the guy instead. Standing at the door with an attitude and her arms crossed, Syd watched as a teenage boy made his way downstairs.

"Yo, what's up Craig." He greeted, glancing to Syd he awkwardly waved, noticing how intimidating the taller woman looked, standing there with crossed arms and a mug.

"Where's your brother?"

"He went to go play ball with Jason and the other boys, did you bring me something to eat?" He asked, she shook her head. "There's plenty of food in there."

"I want what you be eating, you brought me some last time.." He frowned, she shrugged. "I just felt like it." She replied, soon enough Tray was coming in, sweaty and panting hard with his basketball in his arms.

"Hey baby, how was your day at school?" She hugged Tray who lingered a little longer, he wiped his head before sighing. "Boring, I just kicked Nick's ass. 31-14." He pointed out, Craig chuckling.

Syd furrowed her eyes, remembering Tray from the time she saw Honey at a game. "What you doing here?" Tray went over to Syd, staring up at her since he was a good 5'8.

"I came to rob your house." Syd sarcastically said, the mug never leaving her face, but Tray also had a mug. "Get out of my neighborhood, y'all already cheated us out of a game."

"Shit, I ain't pay the refs." Syd shrugged, Tray frowned even harder. "If you wasn't so tall, I'd kick your ass." He told her, Honey shook her head and grabbed his shoulder, withdrawing him from Syd.

"Y'all suck!" He let it be known as he was pushed towards the stairs. "When are you leaving?" Honey asked Syd, Syd tilted her head to the side, glancing at Damien and Craig. Her eyes met back up with Honey's as she took a deep breath, calming herself down.

"I can't come see you now?"

"You're ignoring my question." She pointed out, Syd shook her head before turning for the door. "You know you're real fucking rude, Sydney." She frowned, Syd bit her tongue as she remembered the other 2 boys in the room, she nodded.

"Alright, girl." She left out the front door, Honey scoffed while watching as she got in her truck and left. Fire ran through her veins as she closed the door, looking up at Craig who looked as if he had a million questions.

"Please don't ask."

~

"She just been ignoring you?" Syd's homeboy, Teddy asked. "Yeah, I'm trying not to get so mad, but it's foul as fuck how she did me today."

"Did you tell her that?"

"I didn't wanna argue in front of her guest."

"Polite ass. The old Sin would've smacked the fuck out her ass or some." He chuckled, Syd shook her head. "I'm not like that no more, I gave that up 2 years ago. And she's not a smack around, I really like her lil annoying ass."

"Have y'all been on any dates?" He asked, she shook her head. "Fucked?" No. "Kissed?" No.

"Then how you know you like her, what the fuck is there to like?" He asked with a laugh, Syd rolled her eyes. "If I didn't like her, I wouldn't be this mad over some shit like this. I really don't know how to explain it to you—."

"—well figure out, because it sound like you catching feelings from what a few weeks of knowing each other, y'all ain't been on no dates, haven't kissed, rarely spent over 10 hours together. You don't like her, you just wanna fuck,"

"I think I know the difference, T. I been tryna get her to go on a date with me, she so stuck on that funny hairline ass nigga." Syd frowned at the thought, causing Teddy to chuckle as he sipped his Sprite.

"So she just don't like you."

"Man I guess so." Syd shook her head, Teddy chuckled. "You need a night out and some spectacular pussy. When you gotta go back to work?" He asked, she glanced at her phone.

"Tuesday." She mumbled, it was Thursday. "We're going out Saturday. Get your fit ready." He insisted, she chuckled with a nod. "Alright bet. Now get on the stick so I can kick your ass."

"Oh it's a bet."

~

chapters are short short short.