8

omniscient pov
December 6th

"Hello?" Honey answered the phone for Syd, feeling relieved and pissed off since Syd had continued to ignore her. "Yo, tell your boy I'm on the way with these shoes." She stated, sliding through a green light.

"Ok." Syd hung up after hearing that, taking a few more turns and stops before she pulled up into Honey's driveway. Getting out, she grabbed the bag and made her way to the front door, knocking softly.

Soon enough, Honey came to the door, the frown on her face softening, but it never went away. "Where he at?" Syd asked, Honey stepped aside to let her in.

"Tray!" She yelled upstairs, going to sit on the couch. A few minutes later he came down, making his way towards Syd. "You really got me—."

"—yeah yeah, try them on." She insisted, taking the shoebox out she gave him the opportunity to look at the shoes. He took one out, took out the paper and things before he loosened them and tried them on.

"They fit?"

"Yeah." He smiled, she nodded. "I got you some socks too, should've got your lil weak ass some muscle milk." She teased him, he scoffed as she chuckled and helped him up.

"Thanks, oh! When you going to the gym again? I wanna go." He asked, Syd glanced at the date on her watch. "You sure?" She asked, he nodded.

"Sometime next week, I gotta take Kev to meet his trainer then I can come get you." She told him, he nodded. "Don't be lying man." He said, picking up his shoebox and the bag.

"When do I ever lie?"

"You lied when you told me your nephew was better than me." He reminded her from the first time they actually met, she chuckled. "That was just to get you out your game, and it worked."

"Whatever man, thanks though."

"No problem, now go do some push-ups or some." She insisted, he flipped her off before going back upstairs. Honey motioned for Syd to come sit, she followed orders, flopping down on the couch beside Honey.

"What's up girl?" She asked, the irritation evident on Honey's face. "I been trying to apologize to your funny acting ass but I guess you don't know me anymore." She glared at her, Syd nodded.

"Shit, you asked when I was leaving, I thought that's what you wanted. You and ya' boyfriend—."

"—he's not my boyfriend."

"Whatever he is. That shit was foul, I would've never did your lil crybaby ass like that." Syd expressed, the topic getting her a bit mad.

"I know and I'm sorry, I was just pissed and I took my anger out on the wrong person." She tried explaining, Syd shrugged. "I'm cool, girl. I'm not tripping." She stated.

"Yes you are, you don't wanna be my friend anymore." Honey pouted, Syd chuckled. "We were besties." She added, Syd chuckled again. "And I miss being around your big ass. You're the only person who sits and watches these ridiculous shows with me and feeds me. Even if it's only for an hour." She added, Syd shook her head.

"Where ya other friends?"

"Somewhere with a dude." She shrugged, Syd chuckled. "Stop ignoring me, I'm really sorry. And I miss you!" Honey whined, leaning her head on Syd's shoulder.

"Whatever, girl."

"You busy?" She asked, Syd glanced at her watch. "I'm supposed to be going out later on." She replied, Honey raised an eyebrow. "And you didn't invite me?"

"I'm going to a club, not out to eat." Syd told her, she laid her head on Syd's shoulder. "What time?"

"9. I gotta go get a cut around 6." She told, Honey could feel her stomach bubbling as she hummed. "About time, you need a cut, bad."

"Girl, you get a new wig and don't know how to act." Syd said, Honey giggled. "You like it?" She flipped her hair, posing and smiling for Syd who just sat with a smile.

"Yeah, you look good, I guess." Syd teased, she nodded. "Remind me to say the same thing when you get your raggedy ass hair cut." She said, Syd chuckled as her phone rang.

She answered for Teddy putting the phone up to her ear. "Yo?"

"Right now?" She asked, Honey watching as she began to sit up. "Alright I'm on the way." She hung up, glancing down at Honey.

"I'll see you when I see you, girl." Syd stretched a bit, Honey sighed. "I better see you before the end of next week."

"I got you." Syd chuckled, heading toward the door.

~

Syd stood in the club, sober as ever, watching her surroundings as Teddy got drunk out of his mind. Why the fuck did I even agree to this? Syd thought as she watched him follow a dancer to the back.

"Hey baby... you look like you need loosened up." She heard from behind her, turning around to see a girl half her height dressed in black lingerie.

"I'm good." She answered, continuing her staring. "You sure? Let me get you a drink." She walked away, Syd quickly went to another area and stood.

She watched as different women made their way to the stage, none of them interesting her as she sat and waited for Ted. She turned her head at the sound of yelling, see a security guard escorting him out of the club, she shook her head and followed behind.

"What'd you do?" She asked as she helped him up off the ground. "He walked in with her dick in my mouth." He said, she shook her head and hit the lock on her keys, helping him in the car.

She jogged around to her side and got in the truck, starting it she pulled out of the lot and made her way to Teddy's house.

Once she dropped him off, she checked the time seeing it was 12:04AM. Sighing as she decided on how to end her night.

~