9

the same night
omniscient

Picking up the phone, she dialed Honey's number while making her way toward the house.

She didn't answer, which Syd dismissed while paying attention to traffic. Once she pulled up, she shook her head at the sight of the dodge in her driveway.

She called Honey again, still not getting an answer so she got out and made her way to the front door. She knocked while yawning, stretching a bit as Tray answered the door.

"What's up." He stepped aside to let her in. "Yo." She replied, glancing at Damien who was on the game. "Let me go get her." He stated, she nodded while glancing at the screen, Damien was playing Call of Duty.

She watched as he got a few kills, seeing that he was decent at the game as he talked into the mic. A few minutes later, Honey came down.

She went and stood under Syd, stepping back as she inhaled the smell of liquor and cheap perfume. "What?" She asked, getting an attitude.

"I came here to eat and watch them stupid ass shows with you, so put your shoes on so we can go get some food." Syd told her, Damien pulled off his headphones at the sound of food.

"Food?"

"Give me a minute." She said, Syd nodded and watched as she made her way back upstairs. "Where you coming from this late at night?"

"Out."

"Out where?"

"You ask a lot of questions, lil dude." Syd scratched her head, he smacked his lips. "I heard you bought Tray them shoes, where mine at?"

"You don't hoop." She shrugged, he shrugged too. "So? I'd love to have a pair of dunks."

"What you telling me for? Make it happen then." She stated, he frowned. "Man, fuck you." He told her, she gave a thumbs up, listening to the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs.

"You remember this, Ight?" The dude asked Honey, she nodded while walking him to the door. "And I will, now leave." She held the door open, he walked out, slamming the screen door as he got in his car and made a scene pulling out the driveway.

"Lord give me the strength.." She mumbled, fresh with an attitude. "Let me grab my purse." She went back upstairs and went for her purse.

Once she came back down, they finally left out the front door and got in Syd's truck. Honey said nothing the entire time, which let Syd know that she was mad.

She turned the radio on to kill the silence, pulling off the curb as she made her way out of the neighborhood. She pulled up to a red light and began pulling her flannel off.

"What's up with you?" Syd finally broke the silence, Honey glanced over at her, not being able to see the brownskin much since the streets were dark and not too many cars were out.

"Nothing."

"Stop frowning then, let that shit go." Syd insisted, she sighed. "I can't."