27

honey
May 9th

"Get in the car!" Syd groaned, I crossed my arms while shaking my head for the 4th time. "You see what I'm wearing?"

"That's your problem, I told you to put some clothes on—."

"—well, I don't care Sydney, I'm not going." I shrugged, going back into the house. A few minutes later she came in as well and went upstairs, coming back down she threw a few clothing items at me.

"Put the shit on and come on." She insisted, I sighed and got up to go change. Once I came back down stairs dressed, I followed her out the door to her truck.

"So where're we going?" I asked, watching as she instantly turned on the air. "To get this ugly ass dog you wanted."

"Ohhhh, why didn't you just say that at first?" I asked her, she glared over at me and I chuckled. "I'm hungry."

"What you want?"

"Some nachos or something." I yawned, she nodded while pulling out of the driveway. She turned the radio up a bit, a rap song instantly began playing which mentally made me nauseous.

"What even is this?"

"Music." She replied, I frowned. "Change it, play some drake or something."

"Here." She handed me the phone, occasionally speeding up which made me shake my head. "Why you gotta play this sad shit?"

"This is not sad." I frowned as Chicago Freestyle played, she waved me off. I began to sing with Giveon, leaving Syd annoyed as she drove with a mug the entire time.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, she shrugged. "Nothing."

"Mhm."

I changed the song and then handed her the phone, getting irritated when she took it off Bluetooth and called someone. "Yo, I'm like 5 minutes away."

"..." she hummed at the last words before hanging up, handing me the phone back.

Your heart is hard to carry after dark

"I like the way this sounds in your truck." I admitted, she glanced over at me before pecking my lips. "Weirdo."

"Shhh." She pecked my lips again. "Drive!" I turned her head, she chuckled and pulled into a neighborhood. She pulled in behind a blue Chrysler and turned the radio down.

"You ready to get this ugly ass dog?" She asked, I nodded and chuckled along with her. She blew the horn and a few seconds later a dude came out with a dog that looked like Duke when he was smaller, just a different color.

"Yo." The guy spoke, Sydney's rude ass instantly grabbed the dog and gave it to me. I observed the small animal, watching as it's head dropped consistently which made me look over at Syd.

"He just got off the nipple." He explained, Syd hummed. "Shot record?" She asked, he handed her an envelope. "All his paperwork in there."