7

syd's pov
December 5th

I glanced at the clock that read 1:45 PM as I rolled out of bed and grabbed the bag that I had packed earlier, I stood and made the bed before grabbing my bag. I walked into my living room and threw the bag strap over my shoulders while I went and got a body armor out of the fridge. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my keys before I made my way to the door.

I clicked on my nephews contact before calling him, making my way downstairs to my truck. "Yo, I'll be there in 15. Be ready." I informed him before hanging up.

After I picked him up, we made it to the gym and parted ways. I suggested that he come get a workout in but he was so focused on fixing his shot, I could've done that for him.

I played basketball from 6th grade to 12th, I even coached a few teams before I started to work for UPS. I thought about starting back up, but then I'd have completely no time in my schedule and that's definitely not what I want at all.

But I still come to the gym every 2 weeks with my nephew, get a workout in and bust his ass in 1v1s. I made my way into the weight section, not knowing what I was gonna get into first.

I slipped my AirPods in and went to a random playlist, hearing Die For You by The Weeknd as I made my way to the barbell.

Sliding on my preferred weights, I placed my hands at a distance before I went underneath and got settled. After I was comfortable enough, I stood up and grunted lightly before taking a step back, positioning my feet I took a deep breath and made sure to keep my core tight as I squatted.

🎶You know what I'm thinking
See it in your eyes 🎶

I listened to the sweet melody as I counted each squat, making sure to keep my feet flat and my posture straight.

"8." I counted, setting the bar back on the rack as I took a quick break.

After my break, I started back up and finished my reps, feeling a little dead on the last set but I pushed through and got them done. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and took a deep breath, taking a sip of my body armor as I situated my wife beater which was becoming sweatier by the minute.

"I usually love sleeping all alone.." I hummed along to the song, wondering if I clicked on my The Weeknd playlist instead of a regular one. I removed the weights from the barbell and slipped on some more after I got it down.

I took a deep breath and continued to hum with the song while I prepared for my RDL.

After I was done weightlifting, I made my way to the gym area, seeing a few kids around my nephews age running a game. I took the last sip of my body armor and trashed it before I glanced around, spotting Honey who was already looking at me.

Damn, I see shawty everywhere.

Going over to the bleachers, I changed into my basketball shoes and stretched a bit, not needing to do much since I stretched after my lift. "Let's run a 5v5!" My nephew suggested, standing next to me.

"I'm not playing with y'all, y'all kids man." I stated, he huffed. "Not them two, he said he's 23 and he's 25." He pointed to two men with beards who were shooting around. "We down to play." One of them spoke, I glanced over after feeling a glare on me.