31

Omniscient
June 10th

"Honey, it's great to see you again, baby!" Her doctor stated, coming into the room. Syd took a look at their interaction, seeing Honey smiling at the woman.

"It's great seeing you too, how're the kids?"

"Girl, getting on my nerves." She stated, Honey chuckled. "So, same problem you texted me about?"

"Mhm."

"When was your last cycle?" The woman asked, taking a seat. "May 2nd."

"Have you had sex within the time period?" She asked, Honey nodded. "I'd say about 2 days after."

"Unprotected?"

"Mhm."

"Girl!"

"I know." Honey chuckled at her doctor. "Is this your partner."

"Yes ma'am."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm doctor beacon." The woman introduced herself, Syd stared up at her before shaking her hand. "Syd."

"She's not feeling well, Doc." Honey stated, the woman cooed. "Aww. Both of y'all just slugging around huh."

"Not so much, I've been the positive one at least."

"Of course, now, you take anything afterwards..?"

"A plan b. I also took a pregnancy test maybe 2 weeks ago." She explained. "Outcome?"

"Negative."

"Hmmm, did you only take an after pill once?" She asked, sitting down on the stool. "No, twice, maybe 3 times." She stated, the woman chuckled. "Any bleeding or abnormal discharge..?"

"See, I spotted the few days I was supposed to be on my cycle." She explained, the doctor nodded. "You didn't take birth control prior to... your new sexual life. So it could be your body reacting to the pill. Have you had any other side effects?"

"I get headaches sometimes and the girls get real sore and sensitive." She replied, the doctor nodded. Honey sat and watched the woman in her thoughts.

"Lord you're making me scared." She stated, the woman chuckled. "You're one of my more complex patients. From what you're telling me, all I can assume is that your body is reacting to the birth control. Now there maybe more reasons you're late, like STI's and that sort—."

"—I don't even wanna hear it, just test me." Honey lightly sighed, the woman chuckled. "Oh, heard that one. I'll be back, girl."

The woman left the couple in the room alone, Honey sat praying that it was just the birth control and nothing else. Syd sat in her thoughts as well, knowing that she didn't have any STD's, but she didn't know what birth control could do to a woman since she wasn't fully one.

She knew there was a possibility that Honey could be pregnant, but that only meant that she was lying about taking the pill. After a few minutes, the doctor came back in with the test and prepared them while Honey watched.