35

july 9th

"This a bucket, on my mama." Jon stated, pulling up from 3 as he missed the jumpshot. "Nigga, you ass!" Syd stated, grabbing the rebound as she went back up.

"I'm a lil rusty, I'll still tap ya' ass though." Syd shook her head. "I feel like competing." She stated.

"Man, call ya best four ima call mine."

"Word?"

"On the Bible." He stated, she nodded and made her way to her phone. "You said my best 4..."

She texted Nico, Al, Die and then Tray.

to 'baby goat': yo, wyd lil bro

from 'baby goat' : staring at the wall🫤

to 'baby goat': tell ya sister bring you up here on Windell. We finna run a quick sesh.

from 'baby goat': she said she got a bone to pick with you

from 'baby goat': so is that a yes or no?

to 'baby goat': otw!

Syd smirked as the others texted back the same thing, she sat her phone down and picked up the ball while Jon was on call with his people.

"We finna kick ya' ass."

"We'll see."

~

"Man I thought you was gone call some ballers." Jon said, Nico smacked his lips while Syd chuckled. "These are ballers."

"Man, you brought a 10 year old here."

"I bet the bank my lil bro would cook any one of y'all." She stated, watching as Tray put on his shoes. "I'm glad you said that, I want him." Jon smirked, she shrugged.

"Be aware, he real shifty." Nico joked, making them chuckle. "Let's get this shit cracking, y'all old ass don't need to do all that stretching. Y'all still bout to lose." Syd told them.

"A shit if I don't, I'm knocking on 40." One of Jon's friends stated, getting down to stretch. She chuckled and shot the ball.

After they were stretched, Syd shot for first ball. Making it of course. "Let's go. Ima take it from the top of the key."

Syd slid down and let Tray take it, watching as he called for a screen and split it, driving down the lane to where he got Syd's man to help over before he dropped of a layup to her.

"IQ." She slapped his hand after making it, and then they picked up. "We going to 40."

"Best 2 out of 3?"

"Say no more."

Syd picked up on her man at half, watching as Tray got a steal off Jon due to him playing with the ball in Tray's face. She sprinted up the court behind him as they made her brother choose between the two before finally earning another 2 points.