Chapter 1

September 8, 2003

Cori sat at her lunch table with her friends: Jessica, Mike, Angela, Ben, Eric, Lauren, and Tyler. They talked about upcoming papers, after school activities, and such but Cori was looking at the table in the far corner. "Cori. Cordelia!" Jess shouted getting the girls attention. "Yes Jess?" She asked confused. "Just go talk to him. Your like the one girl who hasn't." Jessica pushed her friend.

"Jess they just got here last week and I'm sure he is tired of having girls crawling all over him." Cori said. "But you are different Cori!" Jess cooed over her lifetime friend. "Jess if I want to talk to him I will do it on my own terms, no one else's." Cori said.

"But-""My terms Jessica." She said with a tone of finality, packing her book bag up with her chemistry homework she was working on, the same time the bell rang. "Nice going Jess." Mike said in a joking manner but the strawberry blond still hit him in the shoulder.

It seemed as though the halls would part like waves for the new kids, and the prevailing students would stare. It was been a tad over a week since Cullens had started here and they were still stared at. "Come on people they are not animals in a zoo!" Cordelia shouted quickly yet ducked her head and jetted to her class when the attention was directed at her. She missed the small smile of thanks the siblings shot at her.

She sat in her English class waiting on the transfer student to come in. The teacher had said last class period that one of the new students got put into the wrong English class, so they were moving them to this class, and the only available seat was next to her. Yes she would miss her foot stool, book bag holder, and silence, but a partner would be appreciated instead of being shoved into a group of three, in turn doing the work of three people.

All of her class mates were accounted for as far as she was concerned and in return almost all of the class's eyes were glued to the door. Cori drew on the empty corner of her notebook page with her classic yellow sparkly gel pen, when the door opened, her head shot up in surprise as she had started to stare off into space. She looked directly into the golden eyes of the pixie haired Cullen.

"Good afternoon Miss Cullen. Class this is Alice Cullen. Would you like to introduce yourself?" The teacher Mr. Barnard asked. "I'm Alice, I love fashion, my boyfriend Jasper, and animals!" Alice said with a stunning smile. "Fantastic. Our last seat available is by Cordelia Austin, Cori please raise your hand." Mr. Barnard asked and Cori's hand shot up. "Thank you" Alice said to the teacher making her way to the back of the class to join Cori.

Alice daintily sat her bag on the ground and sat next to Cori. "Hi I'm Alice" Alice said giving Cori a small smile. "Hi Alice, I'm Cordelia, or Cori, or mae, whatever really." "I like Cori, it's different. Something I've never heard before." Alice said studding the girl. "I hope you like group projects. Barnard loves project. I think he treats them like his own children." Cori chuckled to herself making Alice giggle. "I love group products, the only down side is when you are stuck with all the work!" Alice said. "Right! That's the worst!" Cori said before both girls erupted in a fit of giggles.

"Alice, Cori, am I going to have to move you already?" "No Mr. B. Sorry." Cori said as Alice tried not to giggle again. Cori looked down, red spreading across her cheeks, down her neck, and to the top of her ears as the class turned to look at the two girls. "I think we are gonna be great friends." Alice said looking at the blushing girl. "Me too." Cori whispered back.

All Alice could think when looking at the strawberry blond girl was where did she come from, because she never saw her in her visions, the girl was a blank spot, but yet had such an important role.

A/N: So Cori has met Alice, how do we feel? And how do we like Cori? Let me know in the comments!