Chapter 39°

Jasper jumped onto the car, effectively scaring the shit out of Cori, making the car swerve. "Sorry." He apologized, "You know your dad's gonna forgive you right?" He asked as he opened the door, the dash lighting up in symbols and alerts, as she scooted over, allowing him to drive as she broke down. "He won't. You didn't see his face." "I read his emotions. He loves you, Cori. Yes, harsh words may have been exchanged, but nothing can stop a father's love for his child." Jasper told her as he looked at her.

Tears fell down her face. "I told him the same thing my mom told him before they separated." "It was the only way he'd let you go. You're protecting him by hurting him." Jasper told her. "It doesn't feel right." Cori said. "But you're doing it for the right reasons. If he knew, he would agree."

A loud bang was heard from the top of the Jeep, Cori gasping in fright, before Alice's bright eyes shown through the window. "It's just Alice." He told her. "Edward, Bella, and Emmett are in Bella's truck behind us."

"Emmett's Jeep!" Cori said, remembering the vehicle. "Rose came and got it." He told her and she relaxed slightly. "Why do you still look so tense Jaz?" "The tracker's following us. All of us. He can smell Bella. He knows where ever she goes, the both of you follow."

🩸

When they got home, Alice and Jasper walked her in behind Edward and Bella, the four being met with Carlisle and Laurent. "Wait!" Carlisle called out, holding off his children as their growls and hisses stopped. "He came to warn us about James." "What about Victoria?" Cori asked and Laurent nodded.

"This isn't my fight, and I've grown tired of his games, but he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in my three hundred years. And the woman Victoria, don't underestimate her." Looking at Cori he sighed. "She knows you. From where I know not, but she leaves. Two to three time a week. She comes back and she smells of another male, a human man." "My dad." She said frightened. "She'll come for you, and so will James. I know not of what you are, but I suggest you try to figure it out." Laurent said, escaping out the door.

Cori's eyes were wide as tears rolled down her cheeks. Edward looked at her, remorse written on his face. "Cori-" "Stop." So told him, walking away, following Carlisle as he filled bags with money, burner phones, documents, ect. "What is all this for?" "Worst case scenario." Carlisle told her. "Which is?" You both go into hiding." He told her.

"I've had to fight our kind before. They're not easy to kill." Jasper warned the group, letting Cori know he was willing to fight for them. "But not impossible." Emmett butted in.
"We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces." "I don't relish the thought of killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle commented. "What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie asked. Bella and Cori's heads popped up at the question. They had thought of them getting hurt, but not dying.

"I'm gonna run Cori and Bella south. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edward asked. "He knows where ever you go, we go. We have to be smart about this." Cori said.

"I'll go with them. Jasper and I can lead them south. We'll keep them safe Edward." Alice said. "Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward asked and she nodded. "What about me. I have no connection with the south. Plus isn't that a little obvious?" Cori asked. "It's what we have to work with. And the least you have to do with the location, the better. Your power keeps you safe Cordelia." Carlisle told her.

"Why did he call me a show? James I mean." Cori asked. The Doctor looked away. "Cori-" "No. Carlisle? Why? You know why don't you?" She asked and he nodded, not meeting her eyes.

"He's talking of your gift. Well, more of an ability. If you are to be turned, it will be a gift." "What gift." "Invisibility. Total and complete invisibility." "How's that even possible?" Edward asked. "It's who she is. She's a mná doiléir." "You keep throwing the word around. Am I crazy, human, supernatural, what?" Cori asked.

"You're a part of folklore. They are considered warrior spirits, meant for one person, a protector. Ones that move so quietly they can't be heard or seen. The disappearing on their field to the Jeep, it's a fight or flight response. Only you have the control over it." Carlisle told her.

"We don't have time to talk about this." Alice told the group, moving the two girls over to the car. "Alice, wait." Cori said, walking over to Edward, hugging him. "I'm still mad at you." She told him. "I love you too." He told her, feeling her smile slightly into his shoulder.

Letting go and getting situated with Alice and Jasper, Edward spoke again. "Rosalie, Esme, can you put these on so that the tracker will pick up the girls scents, well Bella's."

"Why? What is Bella to me?" Rose said not wanting to do anything for the human. "Rosalie, Bella and Cordelia are both with Edward. They are part of this family, and we protect our family." Carlisle told her and she grabbed the jacket from him grudgingly.

Filling in the last of the things to the trunks of the cars, Edward stopped down to the window of the car. "Oh, god. If anything- what if- If anything happens, I swear to god..." Bella said stuttering over her words as her fear got the best of her. "Nothings gonna happen, to either of you. There's seven of us, and two of them. When everything's done, I'm gonna come back and get you both." Edward told them as Bella nodded. "Bella, Cori. You are my life now." He told them, looking at both as he sighed when Cori wouldn't look at him.

Starting up the cars, the garage doors went up. "I love you." He told them. "I love you." Bella said back then they both looked at Cori. She tapped on the door of the car three times and it let him know she loved him.

As soon as his hands were off the car, it was out of the garage, and onto the highway.

A/N: Thoughts? Thoughts anyone? I know this was a bit of filler chapter, but we got to learn a bit more about Cori! Also, I have exciting news! Look what I have in progress!!!!!