Chapter 14

Edward drove carefully, missing pot holes and such as they seemed to be the town of Fork's biggest attraction anymore. "I called Alice and let Esme know about your condition. She said as soon as Esme knew she hit the internet and cookbooks." Edward said getting a laugh from Cori.

"Of course she did, I'm the favorite!" Cori said slightly slurred from the numbing medication put in her lip, and Edward grinned. "Of course you are. Esme thinks of you as her daughter. I mean you do look a bit like her. She can cook for you, and do laundry as you won't let Alice buy you tons of new clothing. You have a sleep schedule, and need help on homework, and you go to her for things. I never truly noticed it until now but Esme does indeed think you are her daughter plain and simple. Carlisle as well, dealing with teenagers, isn't ideal, but they got to watch you grow these last two years and Esme couldn't have been more excited. That is something she never got with us. Something she craves." Edward said putting his hand on her knee.

"Well then I will be her human daughter for as long as I can! And soon she will have another. Did you see how protective, and concerned Bella was today over me? She feels the connection I do with her." Cori cooed, smiling to herself, well half a smile as her upper lip didn't move, due to the numbing injection Carlisle had given her.

"That she does, I could feel the pull of her when she was in danger and when you were in the hospital I could feel the pull of both of you. It's like I am tied physically to both of you and when something is wrong I know. I had been having your pull all day but I couldn't see you." Edward said looking worriedly at his mate as they pulled into the almost non existent drive.

"Are you ready to be tackled by mom?" Edward asked the second they pulled up to the house, Esme was outside, walking hurriedly to the Jeeps passenger door. "My baby!" Esme cried seeing Cori in her bruised and battered state. "It's okay mom! Really." Cori said slurred. Esme gently pulled her from the seat, instructing Edward to get her things before bringing her inside.

"So I read you can have soft foods, so I made up some potato soup with some grilled cheese. I'll cut the crust off, don't worry, and I'm making some sugar cookies that will be soft as well, and some-" "Mom I'm sure anything you make will be delicious!" Cory said with a slur and a half smile. Esme smiled and pressed a hand to the uninjured side of her face. "It's gonna be alright." Esme cooed as Cori leaned into her palm.

"Mom can I see your other hand?" Cori asked and Esme held it up. Cori gently put Esme's hand on the side of her face, wincing from the contrast of heat and cold, but then letting out a comforting hum when the cold started to seep through. "Can I ask why?" Esme asked. "Your guys hands are like ice packs." Cori said basically laying her head in Esme's hand.

"Why don't we move this a bit." Esme said taking both of her hands away only to move so Cori is practically laying on Esme's side and a hand rested on her swollen side. With in five minutes Cori was out like a light. "Hey firecracker how are- oh." Emmett said coming down the stairs and seeing Cori asleep on Esme. "She is okay Emmett, it's just going to take time." Esme said glancing down at the sleeping girl. "It's all going to be okay."

A/N: short chapter, but I wanted to get some of momma Esme in here!