Chapter 17

It was the next day, Cori was with her father at the Austin house, as Esme was grocery shopping.

"Anything new going on Cori?" Her father Jonas asked and she looked up at him, shaking her head slightly. "Not really. A new girl Bella started about a month ago. I've kept up with my drawings, been hanging out with Edward and his family. That's about it." Cori said. "The new girl Bella?" He asked. "Yeah what of her?" Cori asked, afraid of her father's reaction.

"You mentioned her first, pointed her out actually. Do you like her?" Jonas asked. "Uh no. Why would I?" Cori asked stuttering. "Come on carrot top. You pointed her out specifically, you like her!" Jonas picked out grinning wildly. "I do not! I don't even like girls!" Cori tried to sway her father.

"Come on Cori when you use to watch those Disney movies you use to drool over the boys and girls, even going so far as to say you wished you had a prince and a princess to save you! You totally like this Bella girl don't you?" Jonas asked as Cori flushed red.

"Okay, fine, I guess I do a little bit." Cori said, her eyes turned down to the floor, and Jonas smiled sadly at his daughter. "Cor, you know it's okay to love more than one person right? Even if they are not the same gender." Jonas asked. "Yeah I guess. I mean I do like her, and Edward likes her, and she seems to like us. I just don't know how it will go." Cori said sadly. "Cori anything you put your heart into will work out. It always does." Jonas said hugging his daughter.

"What about this other woman you have been seeing?" Cori asked. "Uhm well. She is a red head like your mother. I guess I have a type. She is beautiful, almost unnaturally beautiful, I don't know why she would ever be with me. She works all over the place like your mom, with her partner, but she always comes back. Her name is Vicky, short for Victoria, and I think I love her." He said and Cori could tell he loved her.

"I hope it works out dad. I know you and mom had been having problems, and I figured the separation was the last straw." Cori said. "I hope it does too baby. But effective yesterday, you are my main concern. You are my pride and joy Cordelia, no matter what anyone says." Jonas said smiling to Cori and she smiled back. "Thanks dad. I love you too." Cori said and her father chuckled as he brought her into a hug kissing her head.

"Can I see some of your latest drawings?" Jonas asked and Cori held her sketchbook over to him. Her father skimmed through her book with a smile until he stopped at one in particular. "So this is Bella?" He asked turning the book around showing the brunette girl in all her glory.

(Artwork does not belong to me, I got it off of google

(Artwork does not belong to me, I got it off of google.)

"Uh- uhm yeah." Cori said flushing as she had forgotten the portrait of the girl existed in the book.
"She is beautiful. Looks like a good match to me." Jonas said smirking at his blushing daughter.

Knock knock knock

"I'll get it." Cori said hurriedly heading to the door, opening it to find Bella. "Oh, Hi Bella." Cori said distracted by the girl. "Hi Lia, Edward told me you were at home today and I figured out we just live down the road from each other. I wanted to check on you." Bella said blushing.