Chapter 52

Charlie frantically looked for his daughter, not finding her anywhere. Glancing down the street, the police chief ran, his heavy knocks on the door. "Cordelia, please! Bella's missing." He called out to her through the door.

Soon enough it opened, but it was not what the man had expected. Cori's face was puffy and red as her eyes were blood shot. Her usually happy face was masked by a blank look as her eyes turned into slits. "I can't help Chief I'm sorry." She told him, going to close the door, but Charlie placed his hand on the door. "Mae-"

"Did you know?" She asked him. "Know what?" "That Edward used me to get to Bella. He wanted her all along and now the fucking bastards left. Coward!" She spat as Charlie stepped back. He had never seen the girl so angry before and it caught him off guard. "No, I didn't. I'm sorry. I really am." Charlie told the girl, not really knowing what to say. "Good luck finding her." Cori told him, "There's more things in those woods than you think." She warned him.

🩸

Cori saw the lights, she heard the men, the search dogs, the howls of wolves in the distance. She heard it all, but she couldn't seem to care. Her father wasn't home, already in Seattle by the time she got home today, completely missing the events. So she sat alone as she cried. Completely and utterly alone.

🩸

"I'm gonna try the Cullen's place again." Charlie said grabbing his phone, then putting it back down as he glanced down the road, Cordelia's words ringing in his ears. "The Cullen's left town, Charlie." Billy told him as Jacob looked at his father. "Good riddance." Harry Clearwater mumbled under his breath. "Yeah, Cordelia told me." Charlie mumbled and Billy glanced at him. "Cordelia? She's still here?" Billy asked, shocked. "Yeah, she didn't tell me where they went though. I'm worried about her. Her old man's out on work and she's in the house alone."

"Weren't they like, a thing? Cori and Bella?" Billy asked. "I don't think so any more. She asked me if I knew that Edward used her to get to Bella. I told her no. She seemed different though. She actually kind of scared me." Charlie said aloud.

The two Quileute men looked at each other nodding their heads. Jacob saw the exchange, but thought back to prom, shaking it off.

Turning around Jacob saw Sam Uley carrying Bella from the woods. "Charlie." He spoke up, making the man spin around. As soon as he had seen his daughter, Charlie took off running, but Sam calmed him some. "She's alright." He told the police chief and Charlie sighed as he took her from the other male. "I got her. Thank you, Sam." Charlie said as he nodded.

As everyone watched Charlie bring Bella inside, Billy called over the wolf. "They've left." Billy told him. "I know." "They didn't take Cori with them." Billy said and Sam looked at him. "They didn't?" Sam asked surprised. "Charlie went over to ask for her help and she was standoffish. Asked Charlie if she knew Edward used her to get to Bella. Her father's out of town Sam. This is your chance." Billy told him. Sam nodded as he glanced at Jacob, the teen looking away.

As he walked down the road, his heavy foot falls on the pavement, his dark eyes took in the Austin house. It was not much larger than his and Emily's, though much nicer. Walking up to the door, he knocked. Sam could hear her foot steps on the floor as they got closer. Opening the door, Sam could see the tear stain on her cheeks as well as the redness in her eyes. "What do you want?" She asked harshly. "I wanted to see if you were okay." He asked softly as he heard the cracking in her voice.

"My boyfriend just dumped me after three years together, after he tells me I'm a fucking danger to everything and I wasn't his mate, only to use me to get to the girl he really wanted,  basically telling me I was a waste of time. How in the fuck do you think I'm doing, Sam?" She spat, Cordelia physically shaking at the rage running through her.

"I'm sorry." He told her, "I should have been there." "It doesn't matter now. I'm just something people throw away when they're done with. It's okay, I get it."

Sams heart broke at the words coming from the girl who was like a sister to him. "That's not what you are. You know that Cordelia." "I thought I was his mate Sam! He told me time and time again. Even when I doubted it, when Alice couldn't see me, when everything was telling me to trust my gut, I believed him. I trusted him. That fucking SON OF A BITCH!" Cori screamed out as a fresh wave of tears began streaming down her face. Sam took her into his arms as she sobbed.

"It's gonna be okay Cori. It's gonna be okay." He told her. "I've lost everything." She told him through her tears. "You have me. You have the pack." "I'm to dangerous." She told him, all of a sudden backing up away from him, remembering what Edward said. "What do you mean." "mná doiléir." Cori said before she stepped back into the house. "Goodbye Sam."

A/N: 😭😭😭😭 guys it's been a long time since I cried writing chapters, but these last two got me.