Chapter 9

January 18, 2005

It's January, beginning of second semester of junior year and Alice had just told Cori that today was the day that Isabella would be starting Forks high school, causing her to switch her clothing.

"Cori! We are going  to be be late love!" Edward called up the steps. "I'm coming babe! Do I look alright? Isabella is starting today!" Cori asked. "You look ravishing darling. Good enough to eat!" He said and she laughed loudly. "You wish Eddie!" She said running to her Jeep. "Babe! I've gotta meet Jessica to give her back her jacket! Come on." Cori called to her boyfriend.

Edward laughed on how she had turned the tables on him. "Maybe you should have though about that before changing three times." Edward said jokingly. "Maybe you should have thought about not smacking my ass, then having a 10 minute make out session this morning!" Cori countered and Edward's eyes darkened. "Don't start something you won't finish Cordelia." Edward advises. "Oh I very much plan to finish it." She says leaning over stealing a kiss from him.

🩸

Pulling into the parking lot, Cori is gone soon after giving Edward a parting kiss in search of Jessica. What she misses is Isabella Swan pulling up in her rust red truck.

🩸

PE comes around and they are playing Volleyball, a sport which Cori and Jessica know well. With the coach splitting the girls up, one on each side making each a captain, what could go wrong.

The ball touches down on Jessica's side and Cori woops. "Your going down Jess!" Cori said and hyped up her side of the court. Just then Myia the starter on Cori's side had hit it over and a hand came from no where and hit it over to the other side of the gym, hitting Mike on the back of the head.

"Newy!" Cori yelled running over to the boy. "Are you alright?" She asked him. "Yeah Deli I'm okay." He said, smiling at her caring nature. "I'm sorry, I told them not to let me play." "No that's fine, your Isabella Swan, the new girl right?" Mike asked. "Bella , just Bella." She said. "Well I'm Mike and this is Deli." Mike said. "Deli?" Bella asked and Cori made eye contact with Bella and it felt like something clicked.

"Uh- yeah. Stupid nickname. Cordelia, Cori, Mae, or what ever." Cori said. "Cordelia is a pretty name. Have you ever been called lia before?" Bella asked and Cori shook her head. "Well, now you have." Bella said giving a breathy laugh.

"She's got a great spike huh?" Jess said coming up to the group. "Bella, this is Jessica, or Jess." Cori said looking at Jess to make sure she would be nice. "Your from Arizona right?" Jess asked and Bella nodded. "Arn't people from Arizona suppose to be like really tan?" Jess asked looking the girl over. "Jess!" Cori asked surprised.

"Yeah, I-Uh-I guess that's why they kicked me out." Bella said and Cori chuckled while Mike laughed way to hard and Jess gave a the fakest laugh on the earth. "That's so funny!" Jess said and Cori slapped Jess in the back of the head lightly. "What the hell Cori!" Jess asked shocked. "Be nice and not condescending. She is not interested in Mike." Cori hissed. Cori was trying to contain her anger at the other strawberry blond. "Wrap it up guys! End of class." Coach Clapp yelled out.