Chapter 28

The next day, after they had the night to process what Carlisle had told them, Edward seemed even more protective than normal, and Cori, more jumpy. She was afraid she was going to grow mystical powers over night and kill someone.

The journal entry didn't give them much, it's actually gave them basically nothing, but they now had a name, and a name they could work with. Carlisle promised Cordelia that he would find as much as he could, but also told her to not get her hopes to high. The smallest bit of information they had was from a journal entry nearly three hundred years ago, what else could they find.

🩸

Edward took on the task of distracting not only himself but also Cori, reminding her that they promised they would pick Bella up in the morning.

"You've changed three times this morning." Edward argued. "This is our debut Eddie, I want to look perfect." Cori stated, only in a bra and panties standing in front of their shared closet. He didn't mind the view, who would, but she was cutting it close on time. "You already look perfect. You don't need the perfect outfit. It just needs to be you." Edward told her being sincere in his compliment, yet also wanting to hurry her along.

A blush came to her cheeks as she smiled. "Okay, I'll choose something." She chucked and if Edward could blush she knew he would be. "That's not what I mean." He tried to cover but Cori rose a brow. "It's 7:10, you always like to leave the house by 7:15, plus we now have to pick up Bella. We always have time. It'll be okay." Cori promised and Edward nodded, not believing her as he liked to be punctually early to things.

"If your not early your late." Edward told her. "And if your fashionably late, it means your on time." She smiled and Edward rolled his eyes. "You spend too much time with Alice." He said and she huffed. "Do not." "Yes, you do." He smiled as he pulled out a pair of jeans he knew she loved as they were a medium wash denim with roses embroidered into them, grabbing a white long sleeved ribbed shirt, he tossed the two at her.

"Try that." He told her as she went in and changed. "Edward!" She said loudly and he rushed into the bathroom, only to see her standing there with a smile on her face. "Now who spends too much time with Alice. This outfit is adorable." She said as Edward grinned. "I can't get away from her, it's like she's in my head." Edward joked and Cori playfully slapped his arm.

🩸

Pulling up to the Swan house, Edward parked as Cori got out. "Want me to come along?" Edward asked, but she shook her head. "I can collect our girlfriend all on my own." Cori said with a bright smile.

Knocking on the door, it was pulled open to reveal a stressed Bella. "Whoa, what's going on?" Cori asked. "I can't find my keys." Bella told her as she hurriedly searched through the bins by the door.

"They're in your pants pocket. You put them there last night and made the comment that you'll probably lose them as you never use your pockets." Cori told her and Bella froze. "Oh thank god." She said pulling the girl into a quick hug before rushing off, up the stairs and back down with keys in hand.

"Got your bag?" "Yep." Bella answered as Cori nodded. "Let's get this show on the road then!" Cori said excitedly. "What are you so excited about?" Bella asked. "We're going to school. Together. It's like our announcement that we're together!" Cori said a smile on her face, that eventually brought a smile to the brunettes face as well. "Okay, yeah." Bella agreed, understanding. "Cori!" Edward said from the car. "Coming! She yelled back, "he's so punctual." She said and Bella laughed.

🩸

When they pulled into the parking lot, the kids stared as they normally did, but of course this time they had a reason to. As Edward went around to the passenger side he opened both the front and back doors.

Cori bounced to his side like normal, but Bella shrunk under the stares. "They're just jealous." Cori said in a whisper. "You know everybody's staring." Bella said self-consciously. "Not that guy." Cori said, but as she said it he turned around and looked. "Never mind."

"I'm breaking all the rules now anyway, since I'm going to hell." Edward said and Cori laughed outwardly at his words as Bella had a grin on her face. "You have been for a while babe, you're not a bad boy over night. Don't let him fool you." Cori said as she linked her arm with Bella, the two sharing a smile.

Going to separate for their first classes, Cori kissed Edward, then hugged Bella. "I'll see you on the court." Cori told her, kissing her cheek as Bella stood there almost frozen.

"You'll get used to it." Edward told her as his voice seemed to shake her from her state. "Cori's a very physical person. Touch calms her down, it also helps with her ADHD. It reminds her that you're still there." He told her and Bella frowned. "That I'm still there?" She asked.

"A discussion for another time." He said as he placed his arm around her shoulders, leading her to the gym where Cori had already taken off to, leaving her with simple hug. "Have fun." He told her with a teasing smile. "Thrills a minute." Bella responded dryly, ready for the class to be over with.

A/N: I am so happy they are finally together!!!! It's gonna take a minute to get out of the awkward phase, but bear with me okay! We are going for realism and honestly Bella is nothing but awkward, so .....