Chapter 5

Cori and Edward talked in whispers and read until the bell rang. Cori scooted out of her cubby with precision much to Edwards surprise, helping her up and smiling at her. "I heard your coming by the house today." Edward said.

"I am. Alice and I have a English project to work on. A big one." Cori told him. "I'll be looking forward to it." Edward said looking deeply into her eyes. She blinked and a crooked smirk came to her face. "Cocky much Mr Cullen. I'm coming over for your sister. You never know Jasper may have competition." Cori said slyly.

"Is that so?" Edward asked. Cori nodded. "Looks like I'll just have to work that much harder then." Edward said smiling before turning around and heading out of the library. Cori just stood in a daze. Edward Cullen just said he liked her, well not exactly, but basically!

Eric noticed that Cori was not in their home ec class yet, which was weird seeing as it was only two doors down from the library. "Cori?" Eric said uncertain when he spotted the girl standing in a daze in the middle of the library. "Cori! You alright?" Eric asked as he shook the girl. A bright smile slipped onto her face.

"He likes me." "Who likes you?" Eric asked confused. "Edward Cullen likes me!" She almost squealed in excitement grabbing ahold of Eric and hugging him. "Oof" he said when he was pulled in by the girl. "I'm very excited for you but we have two minutes to get to home ec." Eric said and her eyes got wide. "Shit!" She swore and through her bag over her shoulder and sprinted to the class room. In a few rooms down a certain copper haired boy and a pixie like girl smiled brightly at each other.

Home ec passed by in a blur of watching a sewing video, and throwing spit balls at Eric. Soon enough Algebra came around again and she trudged in and looked at Edward with a look of dread that had the copper haired boy chuckling.

"I hate it here Eddie." Cori said the second she sat down next to Edward. "Good thing I'm here to make it bearable then isn't it." Edward said with a smile and a blush bloomed on her face. "I guess that's right." She said shyly. "Alright class who can tell me how to get the square root of x." The teacher said and Edward gently wrapped his arm around Cori's chair as her head hit the desk softly.

🩸

"Cori wait up!" Jess yelled running to catch up. "Sorry Jess I was in a hurry." Cori said. "For what? And your my ride home!" Jess whined. "Oh yeah. I talked with Angie, she said she would run you home, Alice and I have got to work on our English project." Jess stared at her wide eyed. "You're going to Edward's house?" Jess asked. "No I'm going to Alice's house that just happens to be Edwards as well." Cori said.

"I just have a few things to say. Have fun and don't do anything that I wouldn't do." Jess said. "Jess if you had the chance you would be naked for him as fast as you could possibly could." Cori said with a hint of jealousy. "I would not! Okay I would, but you won't. You are too good to do that Cori." Jess said as she playfully shoved her friend.

Cori saw Alice bouncing up and down wanting to talk to her, but Jasper had his arm around her almost holding her in place. "I gotta go Jess, but I'll tell you all about it tomorrow." Cori said over her shoulder as she was walking over to Alice.

"Hi Alice, Jasper." Cori said and Jasper nodded and Alice wrapped her in a hug. "Hi Cori! Are you ready to go?" Alice asked when she let go of the strawberry blond. "Yeah, if you want to follow me to mine, then I'll follow you." Cori said and Alice nodded. "See you in a bit then." Cori said walking over to her Jeep, climbing in and taking off towards her house, making sure the silver Volvo was following her. 

🩸

Pulling into the driveway behind Cori, Edward took a good look at the house of girl he was in love with. It was small, perfect for three people. It's light blue siding and white shutters complimented each other nicely. The light grey front door with a tiny flower box hanging from the small window that was inset with in the door, was filled with different colored marigolds.