Chapter 19

Cori waited not so patiently for Saturday to roll around. Friday she had sorted through her closet multiple times and each time she came back, it was unfortunately empty handed.

A huff came from her as the thought she was all out of options, but who always comes in with the clutch, Alice.

The pixie haired girl burst into the room, shopping bags in her hand. "You went shopping just for me Alice?" "Of course I did. It's the one time you would allow it." The girls giggled, Cori knowing she was right.

"So what did you get?" Cori asked her as Alice rustled through the bags. "So I got you a few options, for different scenarios. First of all, I need to know if you are going to be going swimming." Alice asked her and Cori shook her head immediately. "Alice, it practically still winter, and that water is going to be colder than you!" Cori told the pixie dramatically, making Alice roll her eyes.

"Okay so no swimming. So I got a cute layered look, and a cute more casual outfit. Which do you want to see first?" "I'm always cold, so I'm gonna go with layered." Cori joked, but her smile slowly fell as Alice took article after article of clothing.

Handing the pile to her, Alice rushed her off to the bathroom as the vampire went in search of her boyfriend.

"Alice, is it supposed to look like it is big on me?" Cori asked, not used to sweaters in the least, but she would admit it was warm. "Yes, it's slightly oversized. Come out here. Edward wants to see!" Alice said excitedly. "Okay, okay."

Opening the door, Cori stepped out and Edward smiled. She looked warm, and he had heard weather forecasts say it was supposed to be cold.

"How does it look?" Cori asked looking between the two vampires. "You look beautiful as always." Edward told her, as Cori smiled. "Not the most ideal first date look, but it will work.

A large grey turtle neck sweater was the main focus of the outfit, pair with a pair of black skinny jeans, and a classic leather jacket

A large grey turtle neck sweater was the main focus of the outfit, pair with a pair of black skinny jeans, and a classic leather jacket. Alice had also came in clutch and got one of those black puffer jackets, just incase. Edward would have had her head if Cori would get sick.

"Do you think I could wear leggings under the jeans?" Cori asked? "I thought you may ask that so I got you a pair a size up too. I'm still not used to how warm you have to be." Alice joked.  Cori pursed her lips, narrowing her eyes at the girl. "It's because I'm cold hearted. I'm colder then the rest." Cori joked and Edward shook his head. "You definitely are not. Your the most warm hearted person I know." "Including Esme?" "It's a tie."

🩸

"Cori, your dads here!" Esme called up the stairs, hearing the tires hit the gravel. "I'm coming!" She yelled trying to get out of Edwards arms, him being surprisingly cuddly at the moment.

"Why don't you come meet him? It's probably one of the few times you will." Cori looked back at her boyfriend who was dramatically sprawled out on the bed in his room. "I don't like him."he said, his voice muffled from the pillows that were almost shoved in his face. "Edward, you've never met him." Cori countered and Edward huffed. "He hurt you." "You hurt me too. Noted not as bad, but you can't use that excuse for everyone. Stop being a loner." She said grabbing his hand, pulling his large frame down the stairs.

Esme laughed at the sight. Her son was no small boy, and well, Cori wasn't all that big, granted bigger than Alice, about in line with Rosalie. Seeing her quite literally pull him down the stairs was a sight she never thought she'd see, not as long as Cori was still human anyway.

"Just stand there and look pretty." Cori told her boyfriend and Edward scoffed, "your supposed to do that." He told her and a grin spread across her face. "I'm already pretty." Edward smiled as he nodded agreeing before his smile vanished. "Wait..."

And the door bell rang. "I got it!" Cori told the house, though Edward and Esme were standing right next to her, one have a shocked look on their face, the other trying not to laugh from the previous conversation.

Opening the door, Cori pulled her dad into a hug. "Cori? Everything alright?" He asked surprised by the action but wrapping his arms around her. "Yeah, I'm just going to miss you." "I'm going to miss you too carrot top." Jonas told her kissing the top of her head.

Pulling out of the hug, Cori's smile was wide. "Dad, you know how I've always told you about Edward." "Yeah, your practically attached at the hip." Cori frowned at her father, but she couldn't deny his words. "He wants to meet you. He has been wanting to for a while, but schedules never lined up." Cori told her father, and Jonas smiled at her. What ever made her happy. "I should have brought my gun." Jonas said, and Cori looked at him, an eye brow raised. "Dad you don't own a gun." "Not one that you know of." He joked. "Where is he at?" Jonas asked, and Cori took his hand, leading him inside the house.

In the living room stood Edward and Esme. "Edward." Cori called and he turned around and Jonas couldn't help but smile slightly. Edward looked at his daughter the way any father would ever want. The love in his eyes, was shining bright, though Jonas was confused on how Edward was supposed to be adopted but had the same eyes as his adoptive mother.

"It's nice to finally meet you sir. I'm Edward Cullen." Edward walked over, extending his hand to shake. "Hey, Edward. It's nice to meet you too. None of that sir stuff, makes me feel old. Jonas or Mr Austin is fine. I feel like I know all about you." Jonas said glancing at his daughter was bright red. "Dad!" "What it's true." Cori huffed, wishing the pink in her cheeks would go away, knowing that Emmett would yeast the bell out of her later.

"Esme, you've got a beautiful home." Jonas told her, a smile forming on the woman's face. "Thank you, I decorated it myself." She said proudly, Jonas looking towards his daughter for information. "Esme is an interior designer and architect." Cori explained and Jonas nodded, now understanding.

"How long are you gonna be gone?" Cori asked her father, prolonging the question as long as she could. "I'm not sure but i'll make sure to call more and every chance I have i'll be back in town okay?" He asked and she nodded. "I'm gonna miss you kiddo.""I'll miss you too dad. And I want to meet this Victoria woman." Cori told her father in fake authority. "Aye aye captain. Will do." He said, giving Cori a last kiss on the forehead and a long hug. Telling his goodbyes to the two other people in the room, Jonas took his leave, headed back to Seattle.

"Are you ready for your date?" Esme asked the girl to get her out of her head. "Its not a date." Cori retorted, "Its a group of friends getting together outside of school." "That just happened to contain your crush, and the girl who cracked your skull, the same one that has a broken nose because of you." Edward added on enjoying how worked up she was getting. "Exactly." Cori smiled at him. "Simple." "Oh, incredibly so." Esme chuckled walking back into the kitchen to fix Cori a snack, shaking her head.

The couple sat in the living room, Cori snuggled into Edwards chest as he played with her hair. Sighing in contentment, Edward spoke softly. "That sweater looked warm." Leaning her head back to look at him she hummed in agreement, her eyes half closed. "Maybe you should sleep in it, you wouldn't need your mountains of blankets." Edward told her. "You don't like my mountains of blankets?" She asked with a smirk and Edward chuckled. "Everyone else has a million pillows, but you have a million blankets. It's just another thing that sets you apart Cordelia."

A/N: A filler chapter before the date! Who's excited? I know it's been a while since I've posted on this story, and I've went on a bit on a bit of a Teen Wolf binge, but I hope to circle back around to my twilight stories! Also I am making trailer like mini videos over on my TikTok, if you would like to see them! @ DesereaWhitlock is my username!