Chapter 24

Jessica and Angela searched the wracks of the store, multiple different fabrics, colors, and cuts were flying. Angela stuck to softer purples and blues as Jessica went for bolder colors, and of course, low cuts. "Maybe a little class, Jess." Cori snarked as she practically had to hold the front of the dress up. "Be nice." Bella whispered, elbowing the girl lightly, her nose stuck in her weathered version of withering heights. Cordelia rubbed her head as it pounded uncomfortably.

"I like that one Ange, the lavender one with the beading."Cori pointed out the satin like material to her friend as she rushed to try it on, Jessica coming out in a dusty rose colored rose with a deep v. "Okay I like this one. It makes my boobs look good." Jess said as Cori flicked her eyes up, staring a little longer than intended. "Yeah, looks good." Cori said as she glanced at Angela, then jumped at knocking at the window behind her.

"Hey! Nice!" A few of the boys from the group hollered out, making the two trying on dresses shy away. "Piss off!" Cori said through the glass, flipping the boys off as one of them locked eyes with her, and made a dramatically scared face. "That's disgusting." Bella said not wanting to even look at the boys, but remembering what Edward had told her about Cori and her short temper, she tried to distract her.

"What do you guys think?" Jessica asked, thinking she would only get a true answer from the brunette, but she was met with a deer in the head lights look. "Yes? No?" Angela asked shyly. "It looks great." Bella said unenthusiastically, making Cori swallow a laugh that tried to escape, settling for a subtle grin.

"You said that about, like, the last five dresses though." Jess whined. "Come on Jess. We've been here for hours. The dress looks great, stunning even, the bell of the ball. Can we go now?" Cori asked and Jessica glared at her.

"Why did you even come? Everyone knows you don't have a feminine bone in your body Cordelia." Jessica argued. "Bella wanted me too. I didn't realize we were gonna spend all the time in dress shops." Cori explained, wanting to get out of the situation before they had another gym incident.

"How about this. We aren't much help, we can go to the book shop, you guys finish up here, and we'll meet you at the restaurant." Bella proposed and Cori nodded. "Are you sure?" Angela asked and the who girls nodded. "Yeah, I hate dresses, and my fashion sense is useless." Cori said as Jess rolled her eyes. Before she could say anything Bella grabbed Cori's hand, "we'll see you in a little bit." She said dragging the redhead from the store.

🩸

"We've gotta work on your anger management." Bella told her as they got further down the street and Cori laughed. "I don't have anger management issues. Jessica just ignites a rage that burns so deep inside me, only the fires of hell could compare. Plus I've got a killer headache right now." "Have you ever considered writing poetry?" Bella asked with a grin, though her eyes held worry, Cori snorted.

"No, arts my thing, not words." "What's Edward's thing?" Bella asked. "Music. I swear he was born with the talent." "We would have it all then, hum." "What?" "Art, literature, music." Bella said and Cori smiled. "Yeah, I guess I never thought about that."

"Where are we going anyway?" Cori asked. "It's a little shop, they carry stuff about folklore and stuff. Jake was telling me some stuff about his tribe and I wanted to know more." She said, and Cori looked at her. What if Jake had said something he shouldn't have. Did he even know what the Cullens were? He must have known the legends, but would he expose them, just like that?

"Cori?" "Hum?" She asked as looked at Bella. "We're here."

The two walked into the book store, looking around, Bella was looking for her book as Cori was looking at the carvings and items they had for sale.