Chapter 12

The next day was Monday. It had been a week since Edward had been in school, a week since Cori had paid any attention in classes, and a week since Bella had been compiling questions for both Edward and Cori.

Cori decided to dress comfortably today in baggy jeans, a white tube top and a leather jacket, with one of her favorite pairs of combat boots.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"That's a good look on you."Rose said as Cori came down the stairs.  "Well Rose this is my most common look, badass." Cori said and Rose laughed with a smile on her face. "You are pretty bad ass, you know for a human." Rose said throwing her arm around Cori's shoulders. "You look fantastic Cori." Edward said with a smile. "I always look fantastic." Cori said. "Not last week you didn't." Emmett said, killing the joyous mood, still upset at his brother.

Edward frowned and Cori came up next to him kissing him on the cheek. "But it's alright because your here now." Cori said. "You kids need to get to school." Esme said coming from the kitchen handing Cori her lunch bag. "Thanks mom!" Cori called rushing out the door to her Jeep. Esme along with the rest of the Cullen children froze as this was the first time Cori had called Esme mom.

They all knew that she considered Esme and Carlisle her parents, and they didn't know if this was a conscious choice or not. "Come on guys!" Cori said and soon the Cullen children had fled to their cars leaving a frozen Esme and a smiling Edward as he met his mate in her Jeep.

"Bella has been looking at us everyday." Cori said as she drove to the school. "Oh has she? Or is she just looking at you?" Edward asked. "I'm sure that was a possibility, but you were gone and I had been in your t-shirts and sweats, so I have a feeling she was looking for you." Cori said. Edward nodded looking ahead. "I bet Alice just about had a hemorrhage." Edward said and Cori laughed nodding.

"How do you think I should go about this?" Edward asked and Cori smiled. He was asking her, he was proving that he wanted her opinion. "I think you should try to befriend her. I will as well, and if you get too overwhelmed just ask me to come over and I can relieve you. We will do this together Edward. We are a team." Cori said and Edward smiled taking her hand. "We are a team." He repeated.

🩸

Soon they had gotten to the school, Cori parking her Jeep next to Rose's convertible. Cori had looked over and saw Bella looking over to them and she waved making Bella blush and wave back shyly. "Why do you indulge her?" Rose asked Cori.

"She is our mate Rose." Cori said roughly. "No, she is Edwards mate and will become your mate when you turn." Rosalie bit back. "I love her, it doesn't matter if I'm a vamp or not. She will be my girlfriend and there is nothing you can do to get in the middle of that!" Cori hissed eyes blazing at the blond who had actually stepped back from the girls abrupt anger. "Let's get you to class yeah?" Alice asked walking the fuming girl to her pe class.

Alice left, skipping off to her first class of the day leaving a still very pissed off Cori behind. "Hey you okay Cori?" Jess asked. "Yeah Jess I'm fine." Cori said blowing the girl off. "Hey I just wanted to be a good friend." Jessica snarked. "Jess I really don't have the time or patience to deal with you right now." Cori said as calmly as she could but Jess was testing her. "Why? Because you've been hanging around those Cullen's? Have their antisocial weirdness rubbed off on you too?" Jess hissed.

The Bonds Between Us • E.Cullen x Fem oc x B. Swanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें