Chapter 2

Cori's classes had slowly crawled by until she found herself in the personal hell of all class rooms. Algebra. Whoever started placing the alphabet into the numerical system, Cori hoped they died painfully. Instead of looking at the board which she should be doing, she was instead looking over at the copper haired boy who was making his pen spin in circles with the flick of his finger. She never thought the action to ever be interesting in any fashion, annoying actually, but when he did it, it seemed like the most magical thing in the world.

"Hey Deli, uh you got some drool there." Mike said chuckling at the girl as she feverishly whipped at her face only to find nothing there. Cori glared at her blond friend only to look back at the copper haired boy and see his golden eyes looking right at her. She gasped as her eyes got wide and a blush coated her face, turning to hide in Mikes' shoulder.

"Why don't you just talk to him?" Mike asked. "Why don't you?" The girl quipped back and the blond boy just chuckled. "I don't think we would have much in common Deli." "Why in the hell do you call me that?" Cori asked. "You eat everything kinda like how I load up a Deli sandwich and it's always good. Plus it's the letters in your name." Mike said sounding pleased with himself. "That's low Mike, even for you." Cori laughed as the teacher shushed her.

"At least I have you a nickname! You have known me for 10 years and I don't have one!" He hissed quietly. "That's a lie! You were Newy for 2 years until you said you didn't like it anymore!" Cori cried. "Miss Austin! Mr Newton! I knew putting you two together was a bad decision on my part. Miss Austin, please relocate next to Mr Cullen please." Cori glared at the Newton boy before picking up her books and such.

"Bye Newy." She said as the boy glared at her. "Quickly miss Austin." The teacher tutted, impatiently. She set her books down scraping the empty chair towards the desk, cringing as you could have heard a pin drop otherwise. She looked over at Mike to see his secondhand embarrassment for her and she cringed even harder.

Once she got settled the teacher started off once again expecting the girl to behave herself, that was her own fault. "Hi" she said to the copper haired boy that looked anywhere but her. She waited for a response but when she didn't get one she sighed and looked ahead with her head propped on her hand. "Newy is a horrible nick name." The boy beside her said and she whipped her head to face him but his head was still facing the board.

"Is not! Considering I was five." She hissed quietly. "What's your nickname?" She asked. "I don't have one." "Everyone has one!" She said. "My name is Edward and that's what people call me." He said spinning to face her. "You can be called Eddie then!" She said louder than she wanted. She cringed as students turned to look at them and the teacher had an irritated look on her face. "Do I have to move you by your self?" "Probably" Cori muttered to herself but Edward chuckled next to her. "Miss Austin!" "No mam. I'll behave." "I'll believe it when I see it."

"I've heard you've been wanting to talk to me." Edward said. Cori's face lit up red and she looked down. "Not really. I um, I wanted to ask Rosalie what her skin care routine is." Cori said quickly. "Why don't you just ask her then?" He asked. "Believe it or not Eddie, your sister is quite intimidating." Cori said truthfully. "She is not that bad once you get to know her." He said. "For some odd reason I don't believe that." Cori chuckled.

"Do you really didn't want to talk to me at all?" Edward probed. "Nope" Cori said popping the p. "That's a shame because I wanted to talk to you." Edward said. "Really? What for?" She asked brightly . "Your skin care routine." He said with a stunning smile and she blushed. "Mineral water, a face scrub, and a damn good moisturizer." She said with a smile. "I'll keep that in mind." Edward said cheekily.

The bell rang and Cori packed her bag quickly heading towards the door. "Bye Eddie!" She called from over her shoulder, quickly ducking and squeezing in between students to get to the parking lot quickly. Edward stood outside his mathematics classroom in awe of the odd girl. "So how was she?" Alice asked bouncing up to her copper haired brother. "She is something else." He said.

A/N: Cori Officially met Edward! Awe!!! They are so cute! What are your thoughts?