Chapter 26

The Cullens plus Cori were in the living room, the lights turned off, yet lamps turned on for Cordelia to see, as a movie played quietly in the background. Edward had Cori on his lap, her head buried into his chest as he played with her ginger locks.

Carlisle had just gotten back to the house, sharing the grave news with the family, alerting them to the new threat they had been watching. Alice had been having visions of a trio that skirted around their territory, though not making a scene until now.

"We wait. If they become a larger threat, we take care of it. Hopefully they move out of the area soon." Carlisle had told the family and they all nodded, agreeing.

So that's where they were at now, relaxing, Cordelia's mind racing after tonight's events. Her hand traced the larger bandage Carlisle had put over her small head wound, adding a healing ointment to it.

After writing down a few more details in his book of revelations that was Cordelia Austin, Carlisle shared with her that her blood on top of her usual aroma had no effect to them. In fact, unless Edward had brought it up, Carlisle wouldn't have realized she was bleeding.

He found this peculiar, as he had heard nothing of something like this ever being recorded, maybe it was gift like he had first thought, or maybe something that was quite literally just Cori. He had scoured his books, asked friends upon friends if this had been recorded.

The only people he had not asked were the Voltori, of course if they found out Edward had a human mate, let alone two that knew of their existence, they would be put in grave danger.

As Edward stood, carrying a now sleeping Cordelia in his arms, Alice gasped. All golden eyes shot to her and Alice looked directly at Edward and Cori. "She knows. Bella knows." Was all Alice said.

🩸

That morning the Cullen house hold was quiet, unusually so. Edward had told Cori what revelations had happened over night, and to say Cori was upset was an understatement.

It wasn't that she knew, it was how she knew. Jacob, the chiefs son, had reviled their own secret to a human! Cori knew the boy liked Bella, even a blind man could see, but she had a feeling his infatuation went deeper than just a crush.

"What are you going to do?" She asked Edward as she striped behind the bathroom wall, the door open so she could hear his answer. "I'll wait for her to come to me." Edward said. "What if she comes to me?" Cori asked seriously and Edward stoped, not thinking about that. "She will corner us either at the beginning of the day or the end. I don't think we will have to worry about her singling you out."

"But if she does?" "Message me. I'll meet you in our spot." Edward told her. "The library?" Cori asked, humor in her voice. "No, smart ass, back by the greenhouse." Cori's head peaked out from behind the doorframe, looking at the bronze headed boy. "You love this ass, and you mean our make out spot." She rephrased. "You make it sound like we were all over each other." Edward scoffed. "You were!" Emmett said from down the hall and Cori laughed. "We're not as bad as you and Rose." Cori threw back and Emmett snorted. "I won't even try to fight you." He said, knowing she was right.

"Do you think this looks okay?" Cori asked as she walked out of the bathroom, but Edwards eyes were enough of an answer.