Chapter 10

Cori and Edward had taken her Jeep down the road for an hour after Cori had signed them out for their "doctors appointment."

"It's almost time to go back. Are you going to be okay?" Cori asked her boyfriend placing a hand on his arm. "Yes, I have the last class of the day with you, and you ground me. I need to try to change the class though." Edward said and Cori cast her eyes down mind running wild with things that could possibly happen.

"Hey calm that pretty little head of yours. Nothing is going to happen as long as you are around." Edward said kissing Cori's forehead trying to calm her down the best way he could. "What if she wants nothing to do with us?" Cori asked in a whimper.

"She will. Your too cute to resist." Edward said with a smirk and she looked at him expectedly. "I'm serious Edward. Poly relationships aren't heard of around here, let alone tolerated." Cori said, her fear rearing it ugly head once again. "Hey do you remember what you said last time we had this conversation?" Edward asked. Cori nodded. "Say it back to me." Edward told her.

"She will love us for us. She is meant to be with us, our soul mate." Cori said with a smile. "There you go, good girl." Edward said making Cori blush but also a shutter go through her, a small smirk forming at Edwards lips, knowing how his words affected her.

Cori's timer went off and Edward exhaled loudly. "You ready to do this?" Cori asked making sure. "As long as you are with me, I can do anything." Edward said. With that being said Cori started up the Jeep and headed back to the school.

🩸

The couple walked hand in hand to their geometry class. "Pssst." Cori heard behind her. She turned around to find Mike staring at her and Edward. "What was up with you and Cullen earlier." He asked.

"We had an appointment to go to." "That's not what I heard from your English class. They said you ran out of the class like a bat out of hell with this panicked look in your eyes. Alice said you didn't feel good." Mike said. "Yeah because we were gonna miss our appointment that I forgot about. I've had this upset stomach for a while, and Edward had to have blood drawn for some tests, and he doesn't do well around blood, so we just went together." Cori said coming up with a lie on the fly.

"Okay, that sounds reasonable enough. I hope your okay." Mike said. "Yeah just this stomach bug is kicking my ass." She said with a chuckle. "Your not pregnant are you?" Mike said with a teasing note but Cori tensed and so did Edward.

"Um, no, we aren't compatible to have kids." Cori said sadly making a lie for the actual reason, a sad one non the less. "Oh god Cori I'm sorry." Mike said looking down. "It's okay you didn't know." Cori said turning back around, laying her head on Edwards shoulder as silent tears rolled down her cheeks.

🩸

Their Geometry class was over with and Edward shot out of the class like a rocket leaving Cori there by her self. "Hey are you okay?" Bella asked walking up next to Cori. "Oh hi Bella, yeah I'm good Edward has been in this weird funk all day. It will be okay." Cori said, hoping her eyes weren't red from earlier, as she turned towards the office.

"You've got to turn in your slip right?" She asked Bella. "Uh yeah, have you never had to do one?" Bella asked. "Nope I was unfortunately born and raised here." Cori mumbled. "It can't be as bad as Arizona." Bella said trying to make a joke, as Cori smiled.

"Well this is your stop." Cori said not noticing that Edward was still at the front desk. "Thanks." Bella said as a blush covered her cheeks, pushing the doors open. "So there is no other class?" Edward asked as the two girls step in. "I'm sorry, it looks like you are just going to have to stay in biology. I'll be with you in just a second dear." The front desk woman said and Edward turned, glaring at Bella, not realizing Cori was right beside her.

"Fine then, I guess I will just have to endure it." Edward said pushing away from the desk now noticing the look of shock from Cori as he passed her sending one last glare to the brunette girl. Seeing the saddened and scared look on her mates face, Cori got mad. "Excuse him, I'm sorry." Cori said excusing her self, running down the hallway and out the door into almost empty parking lot.

"Edward!" Cori shouted angry at her boy friend. "What Cori?" Edward bit back. "Just because she affects you, doesn't mean you get to be a dick!" Cori growled. "I wasn't being a-" "Did you see her face when you left? You terrified her. Do you know how bad she probably feels right now? Edward we are suppose to love her!" Cori shouted not caring who heard. "Cori I'm a monster, I can't be around her." He said. "Yeah, well you are sure acting like one." Cori said climbing into her Jeep, starting it up and pulling out of the parking space.

Cori rolled her window down slightly "oh and find your own way home." She said as she drove off. Leave behind a pissed off Edward who kicked the pavement, cracking it and sending pieces flying, making him curse.

🩸

When Cori returned to the Cullens home, she found Edward and Carlisle in a heated debate. "You need to discuss this with Cordelia." Carlisle had said at the end.  "Hey what's going on?" She asked and Edward ignored her.

"I'm talking to you!" She said pulling on his arm to face her. He looked at her with a blank face. "You don't get to cast me out just because I'm human. We made a deal remember? We make decisions together, even rash ones." She said angrily. "I'm leaving." Edward said walking towards the front door.

"The fuck you are! Edward, wait a minute!" Cori growled running to catch up with his long strides. "Where are you going?" Cori asked and Edward sighed. "Up to Alaska, with the Denali's for a little while to get better control." Edward said. "We're you just going to leave, and not tell me?" Cori asked tears in her eyes and Edward didn't answer.

"Fine leave see if I care." Cori hissed and with a quick breeze he was gone. "He actually left." Cori said as tears trailed down her cheeks. "It's okay Cori, it's going to be okay." Jasper said as he held is friend as she broke down.

A/N: Edward left Cori! 😭 Of course it was to get better control, but still! What do you think will happen? Let me know your thoughts!