Chapter 1 - A Midst Beginning

~ SIMRAN ~

Staring at him was like admiring a blooming flower in the darkness knowing, it couldn't be plucked due to its premature birth but still, my heart wanted what it wanted and there was nothing that could hold me anymore. 

The thing about admiring someone is that you only know to look up to that person and always find a decent reason to keep adoring but sometimes it's like an endless phase as your life depends on that particular person so deeply that you can't just step ahead without them and if you did, you will lose the meaning of your life as I would lose mine if I withstand this any longer.

I felt the way whenever I saw him, the man I have admired since I was eighteen, moving into adultness was not as thrilling as seeing him paint, that day when I saw him creating lives on canvas was like witnessing a rebirth of me because I buried all of those bad memories in my past and chose to start fresh just because of him which is the story of another time.

It's been more than six months since my two best friends (Aarna and Mia) came to London to fulfill their dreams and on the way two of them have already married which means I am single and lonely, so unfair but god has already chosen the best man for me who will reunite me with my best friends again in a way I was with them before their marriages as after marriage many things does change. 

Now I am sipping a blue lagoon in the exhibition of my long-time crush who rules the world of painters as his single piece of art worth billions so anyone can imagine how precious he is as a painter but can't say as a man as he is an isolated person. 

Everyone can see, that those paintings were beautiful, the vivid colors showed his true love for the canvas and the beauty that blended colors held was anyone's beyond imagination which is one of the reasons why he is the self-made Billionaire even without his father's legacy, he is still loaded which is luring enough for the other butterflies present in the exhibition hall to follow him around and trying to tempt him but he can't be tamed because he's too cold to be a human. 

He was none other than Zander Walsh, my best friend's older brother-in-law and my forever desire whom I have been ignoring since I bathed him with lemonade at his younger brother's wedding, the same where Aarna married his brother because he was being a major asshole and I was unable to withstand it. 

But the question is - Why am I here? It's to show him that I like him way more than anything and it's just that time I didn't like the way he talked to my best friend...

My eyes again dragged among the buyers, women, organizers, and critics who had only smiles on their faces; they were already blown by his talent so am I but it's much more than just a simple like.

"Hey, I have been noticing for a while that you are quietly eyefucking that painter guy. Then why don't you just approach him like any other woman?"

Deliberately tearing my gaze off him, I finally glanced at my colleague Lia who had accompanied me here since I didn't want to come alone. I had almost forgotten about her due to my admiration for the host of this exhibition. 

"Because He's already mine, Lia" I beamed so confidently that anyone could believe my words.  

She narrowed her eyes at me as I confidently sipped my drink and sighed knowing I was being weird and seemed creepy for every reason.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She bombed her next question as I just sighed again. 

Soon he will! Note it in your diary hon!