Chapter 30 - More Than A Temptation

~ ZANDER ~

"Zane, you should move on" Ruhi whispered into my ear, "I can see she loves you a lot".

I clutched the table harshly, my eyes twitching with pain as my heart really betrayed me as it started swaying for the woman I thought I hated, who is now both my wife and life.

"Ruhi but I still love you, I can't give her false hopes".

I sighed, yes I was drunk and in my office probably just hallucinating Ruhi to ease the turmoil I have been feeling these days, because repeatedly my conscience scolds me for being like this, even feeling anything for anyone as I was assured that only Ruhi will stay in my heart but... I just failed.

"You love me, I know you did ... But sometimes it's okay to move on and be happy," She caressed my head and smiled, "Give that girl a chance cause' she is perfect for you".

I sadly chuckled, "But she is not you, she's so different and sometimes so familiar but then again a stranger".

Ruhi cupped my face and rested her forehead against me, "But she is your wife and she deserves some happiness, she deserves you, and you know she's trying her best to win your heart so why not just give her a chance and see how much she cares for you?"

"She has faced your anger, taken your insults, accepted your coldness, and is still tolerating your mood swings, that girl deserves an Oscar for it, don't you think?" She winked as I just took another drink and nodded.

For the first time in years, my mind felt at ease as if I am doing something right after being in a hellhole for all these years. I can't explain but Ruhi is right that I feel comfortable around Simran, she makes me feel like a person with her unlike others, her presence nowadays makes me feel like she was the home I was searching for as after Ruhi I have been not myself until she showed up, challenged me, made me her husband and nowadays testing my patience with her seductress side.

She's weird but tolerable at the same time, she's still a mystery to me but I feel like I don't need to know her to be with her just like with Ruhi.

"You like her don't you?"

I blinked and darted at Ruhi who was smiling as the stars shine around the moon.

"I do, I guess but --

I felt her fingers on my lips, "No buts, just accept it and move on my love, always remember I live in your happy memories and Simran will be part of those memories just like me but that doesn't mean she's replacing me. She is just going to be the person who loves you a lot just like I did".

In a blink of an eye, she had disappeared but there wasn't sadness in my heart anymore as if I have overcome the verity that now I am a married man and I feel something extremely strong for my wife who might have forced me into marrying her but brought only light into my dull life.

Simran is that woman whom I like and admire ...and I won't let anyone take her away from me.

After her lash out back in the morning I knew something was wrong so I instructed that detective to dig into Ajay's history as I want to make things right for her. I feel it strongly that something was off with her when she saw him, it was like her face paled and she lost her charm. I really want to know what made my wife to hate that man so much cause' I need to know everything about Simran as I have already been so ignorant with Ruhi that I overlooked everything about her, never even thought to even look into her family background assuming she would tell me eventually but now I won't repeat this mistake with my wife.