Chapter 24 - Midst More Than Tension

~ SIMRAN ~

"Sit here!"

Seung motioned at the floor beneath him while he was sitting on a pouf stool causing my eyes to narrow at him nevertheless I listened and sat in between his legs comfortably

"Which oil - Coconut, peppermint, or almond?" He asked softly as my gaze went to the hair oil bottles

This is one of the reasons I love my brother so much, he knows how to ease me without being nosy.  Those years I spent in Korea with him were the best time of my entire life as living with him made me realize how lonely I have been since I was born my mom was bedridden due to her coma so I was raised by that asshole uncle and nanny but if I had a brother I would have always wished someone like him.

"Nothing beats coconut oil," I smiled and heard him chuckle in return, soon his skilled fingers made their way to the root of my head.

They gently kneaded the depths of my head and slowly massaged the area while I just hung my head in comfort feeling so good that I just wanted him to keep doing this forever.

"Now tell me, why my sis is upset today?" He asked me

I sighed still feeling relaxed but my heart was truly unhappy with the fact that my husband simply left the same night of our wedding for his business conference and didn't even feel the need to inform me.  For him this must be nothing but to me it is a damage to my poor soul that was so happy on that night but the next morning he wasn't there by my side.  

I don't even have any idea where he is and he didn't even bother to call me either after reaching there.

It's like I don't even exist to him which extremely hurts

This is so unfair when I genuinely thought I'd see him in action after I glimpsed those raw emotions in his dead eyes that were speaking of his longing for me but no his thick skull just can't embrace the fact that he's falling for me again. 

Ughh, bail buddhi!  (Bullheaded)

"It's been two days since he left for his stupid conference and no one is even telling me where he is. I just thought marrying him would solve my problems but now I feel like it's still not enough and I have a long way to go to reach his heart which seems impossible when he is still not over his Ruhi," I told him the truth and felt his fingers calmly massaging my head.

"You need to tell him that you are his Ruhi, this is the only solution to your problems or just make him forget that part of yours which you have been trying to bury for years but still I can feel Ruhi's pain in your eyes as she still lives inside you," He said unfazed causing my heart to feel immense pain.

"I am not Ruhi anymore," I felt tears trickling down my cheeks as I forcibly denied my past, "That part of mine died the day she died for everyone and I just want to live as Simran who is strong and imperious unlike her".