Chapter 36 - More Than A Simple News

~ ZANDER ~

"Zander, what the hell is this ?"

Victor who is unfortunately my father seemed angry, he was convinced that I had to do everything with the news in the headlines of the tabloids today and honestly it incredibly amused me.

My eyes raked over the newspaper that he just slammed on the desk. In response, I chuckled while eyeing the headline on the front page.

'Mr. Victor Walsh has two wives, his first wife was an Indian whom he never acknowledged, and threw her out of his life like she never existed even after bringing three heirs to his grand empire.'

"So, where is the lie?"

I gave him a snooty look before sliding into my chair while his eyes stood by scorching me. Inside my heart, there was relief after being through despair finally, I was on the way to bringing back my mother's honor, maybe someday able to give her the recognition she deserved before and this man is the reason she had to lose it all.

"ZANDER!"

He seethed in anger and I yelled back.

"WHAT?" I slammed the desk with equal madness while countering his unhappy eyes again.

"I can scream too just like you, Mr. Victor but you know what, the better way is to apologize to my mom and easily settle with me or I have other ways, more insensitive than this one" I cocked a vicious smile, "Trust me, you won't be able to erase anything then".

He rolled his eyes at me and just walked towards the door but eventually paused just to cock his furious eyes at me again.

"I wasn't wrong when I used to lock you in the attic as you always and still lack discipline".

My eyes went blank at him, hands fisted and unclenched but then my cold gaze lifted to give him a tight smile, declaring openly that he doesn't control me anymore, that I stopped fearing him since he threw my mom out like she meant nothing, that her contribution in our family always held zero value, that she was never a wife to him because he never loved her as she loved him.

"How is she?"

He finally asks about his first wife as his eyes flash with guilt and mine with more bitterness.

"Great without a snake like you, " I remarked. 

He opened his mouth to reply to me but just left without another word while I leaned back on my chair with a satisfied glint in my eyes and dialed Raina's number.

"Took you a long time, stepmom".

I mocked certainly unhappy with the delay in conveying my plan but at least she did even after two months.

"Zander, you know I needed time but I did what you wanted, didn't I?"

I sighed, "You did not do me the favor, you did it just because you had no options".

She breathed and said, "Are we done here, Zander?"

I shook my head and said coldly, "Divorce your husband".

"Zand--

"Let me complete my sentence, Raina" I immediately spoke and rubbed my forehead, "If you divorce Mr. Victor, I promise I won't bother you anymore and your dirty secret will be locked with me forever".

"Zander, you are being outrageous. I can't leave my husband because of your sick games, you got it".

She opposed angrily as I chuckled bitterly, "I advise you to not get too deep my son because if you did, you would be the one to end with blood and tears instead of your father".